Checking In

by Amazing 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hello Everyone: I have been away for a while from various forums. I saw Farkel's recommendation to check out this site at JWD. So, here I am.

The issues surrounding pedophiles is taking on momentum, and I just recently learned that my son-in-law's dad (a JW) was arrested for molesting a minor (not a JW). So, this has captured some additional attention. I will relate more as I get more details. We are actively looking into whether the perpetrator has had a career of molestation, what the Elders knew and when they knew it, and if he has messed with my grandchildren. What I do know for sure is that the Elders know about the situation, but refuse to warn the congregation until the perpertrator is convicted, AND it gets into the newspapers. Otherwise, they have decided to keep the matter 'confidential.'

Good to see so many I know from other forums, and hope to check in a little more often. - Simply Amazing

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Amazing,

Welcome to this Home Sweet Home. It's a bit more respectful and quiet than the other house, but they engage in some thoughtful discussion. Enjoy your stay!

Ozzie

• Seven
    Seven

Amazing, Welcome to the board. As a lurker at H2O I enjoyed reading your posts there. Last year you posted an account of how you went about getting your family to see the truth concerning the truth. If you have saved that post, would it be possible for you to post it on this forum sometime in the future? Thank you and I look forward to more great threads from you.

Seven

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Amazing,

nice to have you here...!

I always read your post in H2O,

Agape, J.C.MacHislopp

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hey 7of9: Thanks for your post. My articles about this were revised somewhat (edited for grammar, spelling, etc.) and posted on Freeminds.org. It is located in the "Hot Topics" menu with 'stars or sunbursts' bullets beside each topic. The title is: "Letting your kids make their own decision". When you click on the bullet the article will appear with the original title: "How I helped my Family Leave Jehovah's Witnesses". At the end of the article I also wrote some supplementary examples on talking with our children about this. Let me know if you find it. If not, I will post a copy to this board. Thanks. - Simply Amazing

• Seven
    Seven

Thank you Amazing!I found it. It was encouraging to read that again. Seven

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Welcome to this Home Sweet Home. It's a bit more respectful and quiet than the other house,

We can work on this part! :)

Farkel

• Tina
    Tina

Greetings Amazing!!
    I've been wondering where you've been,and missed you :> Greta to see you! Looking forward to hearing about the present situation,,hugs.T

• Jackson
    Jackson

Hello Amazing. Yep, just got to this board after reading Farkel little bullet blurb and here I am also. Will be looking forward to your great input.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hello Amazing

I have been a fan of your posts on H2O in the past, looking forward to your posts here.

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit