Fe2O3Girl, is this your kitty?

by writerpen 8 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

Fe203Girl, is this your kitty?

Sorry about this thread everyone else that looks, I'm just an animal lover.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

When I was a little girl I had a pet turtle. I loved that turtle, oh how I loved that turtle.

One day when I came home from school I looked in the little turtle pond and lo, my turtle had died! I was heartbroken.

My mother seeing how miserable I was, got a Lipton Teax box, put the turtle in it and then took me and my sisters and brothers out into the yard where we proceeded to have a very beautiful burial for the turtle.

To this day I remember that funeral as one of the most beautiful I've ever attended.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Jessica Alba has me as a pet.

• writerpen
    writerpen

Duthcie, I'm glad your mother did the right thing and took your feelings into consideration. Had I come home, it would have been that my father would have taken my turtle, cat, dog, etc. along side a road somewhere and dropped it. He did that throughout my childhood with all of our animals. I think dubs do not place a high regard on animals lives. That man made life misearable, the whole time going to the KH and acting like he was God's gift to this earth.

Fred Hall, why does it not surprise me that you responded to this thread?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

(((((Writerpen)))))

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Yes, he's my puss! He found me when he was 10 weeks old, and I was newly living alone. Now his main hobbies are puking up hairballs noisily at 5:30am, shredding carpets and chewing frogs.

Regarding treatment of animals, the first cats to join our family arrived when I was 4yrs old. Mum and Dad have always had a cat since then. As each one has died, he has been buried in the family garden, my dad laying them in their final resting place with tears. If all JW's are insensitive to the value of animal life, my parents must be imposters.

One of the reasons that my dad was totally turned off religion as a teenager was that his Salvation Army Sunday School teacher threw a bag of unwanted kittens in the canal to drown them.

Strangely, lots of people who have never had any contact with JW's also are callous and cruel to animals. Still, that would mean that there was something bad in our lives we couldn't blame on the WTBTS, and that's just silly........

• writerpen
    writerpen

Your'e probably right about other people outside of the Witnesses hating animals. I volunteer at an animal shelter every weekend and do see alot of abuse toward animals by those other than Witness. HELL I just want to blame everything on the dubs!

He found me when he was 10 weeks old, and I was newly living alone. Now his main hobbies are puking up hairballs noisily at 5:30am, shredding carpets and chewing frogs.

LOL. Sounds like my cat. I got her 10 years ago when she was four weeks old. Now she, of course, owns the place and I'm only allowed to live there.

Thanks for responding.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Hey, I just realised I have athread with my name in the title!! This is heady stuff for a newbie, but as I have always loved attention, I am going to revel in it!!!!!

<Does little twirly dance>

Well, the cat's called George. Why? Because that's his name!

And I am called Fe2O3Girl. Some of you have been wondering: Fe2O3 is the chemical formula for haematite, a beautiful shiny black mineral. When finely ground, or produced synthetically as a powder (see Penniman-Zoph process) it is a red pigment. I work for a company that makes said pigment, and I sell it to paint companies. I have made my living from rust for many years now.

That's all folks, you've been a wonderful audience. Thank you so much!!!!

• writerpen
    writerpen

Sorry to bust your bubble boo, but George is the star of this thread.

Actually, it is neat to have your name in the title of a thread. That was the only way to ensure that you would click into the subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit