Strange Moment During The 2015 Regional Convention

by JW_Rogue 58 Replies latest jw experiences

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Hi, I'm new here but hadn't seen this mentioned anywhere yet. During the "Imitate Jesus" RC there was a strange moment where they played a video of a brother trying to explain the 1914 teaching. The brother quickly goes through all the scriptural "proofs" and the householder is dumbfounded. The point of video was supposed to be about how we need to use artful teaching. However, there was an uncomfortable laughter that betrayed the fact that many no longer understand/believe the chronology of 1914. No one will admit that of course but the feeling was palpable. Was anyone else there for this or notice something similar?
  • stillin
    stillin
    I was perplexed by that too. I wondered if is was only there to reinforce the cognitive dissonance that is needed to shrug off the whole chronology thing. Almost nobody can rattle off that sequence, anyhow.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    It was odd, in many of the videos i felt someone was making the religion look dumb, that one, the girl stating that we wont die because of blood, and other instances. Very odd indeed.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I think people are waiting for them to finally change this teaching. Just 'let it go' as princess Elsa says.

Ohmygosh that's another leaving the witnesses song....

anyway, yes. Witnesses loved the 1914 thing in 2014, when they thought it was a VERY special year, and something was going to happen. But now it's 2015 and a half, and they are probably embarrassed by it. I mean they have to wait another 99 years to get excited about it again.

When they finally drop it (and it will be huge, because they've based their entire religion on it), witnesses will rejoice. The religion will still be all about Armageddon of course, but they can stop thinking about the embarrassing past and look forward.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    It sure seemed odd at times I wonder if they are trying to push away those who have doubts with stuff like this. That way the organization will only be comprised of the hardcore true believers.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    Don't forget the video where a fictional character compares faith that Jesus was the Messiah to believing in WT. Total emotional manipulation but the brothers and sisters for the most part seemed to love it. I got a mouthful from others when I mentioned that the narrator was one the worst actors I'd seen in a long time. lol
  • wifibandit
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

FayeDunaway

FayeDunaway

When they finally drop it (and it will be huge, because they've based their entire religion on it), witnesses will rejoice.

Or maybe not. In trying to reasons with several of my JW acquaintances about 1914 , and that sooner or later they will have to drop it because of the length of time, they all tell me, "That can never happen, because if they do, then the organization was just a sham, a false prophet." I asked them, "If they do will you continue to stay in the organization?" They have all said, "NO WAY"

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Jw_rogue I was equally as disgusted by this. They seem to be making things try to seem light hearted and comical at times. Maybe to take some of the seriousness off of teaching lies.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

The guy just says their beliefs a bit quickly. He is more accurate in the first video. The fact that they laugh is proof that their crazy beliefs are Laughable!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit