The Confederate Flag

by Simon 109 Replies latest social current

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Tell me one example of a where a white man killed by a black man where nothing was done because the perpetrator was black.

Morpheus :No Problem

Gilbert Collar, a white, unarmed 18-year-old under the influence of drugs was shot and killed Oct. 6, 2012, by Officer Trevis Austin, who is black, in Mobile, Alabama. Despite public pressure for an indictment, a Mobile County grand jury refused to bring charges against Offic

This is not an example where "nothing was done". The case was presented to grand jury, they chose not to bring charges. Are you saying the grand jury made the decision it did because the cop was black? If so, provide proof. Or are you saying the cop should have been prosecuted, despite no indictment, because he was black and the person he killed in the line of duty was white? Just as in Fergusen, the person doing his job was exonerated by a grand jury. What more do you think should have/could have been done?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Im not suggesting anything. I posted a random link in response to your preposterous assertion that white people randomly kill black people and are not held accountable. I continue to love the level of insanity that racist propaganda degrades to...
  • violias
    violias

I am sickened by the PC nutty stuff I am hearing on TV. It will never be enough, never , until the white man is the enslaved by the black man. Then it will be called even..

Everyone has lost their mind.

• Rufus T. Firefly
    Rufus T. Firefly
    I think it is worth noting that the Southern States in question began displaying the Confederate flag on government buildings in response to the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s. That says a lot to me about those who oppose taking it down.
  • TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

I'm old enough to have absorbed quite a bit of pre-1960's white culture in the South while simultaneously having been reared by my grandparents and great-grandmother.

In order to help you comprehend the Southern mindset, I have to begin with the premise that much of America was settled by very determined, hard-headed, no-nonsense, under-educated people with a Do-or-Die attitude. So many people, such as my great-grandmother faced death and privations in everyday life. My Great-grandmother told me of her family's move from Tennessee to Texas in a covered wagon, in her words: "Chased by bloodthirsty savages whooping war cries" along the way.

To present day folks, this is not a politically correct phraseology!

Native Americans are seen today as simply as stone age aborigines dispossessed by white people. To my Great-grandmother, they were terrifying murderers hellbent on her destruction.

Now, what does all that have to do with the Confederate Flag, you may well ask?
    The deeply ingrained attitude of black and white, life or death, right or wrong stemmed primarily from US or THEM. It was a no-brainer.

This is reflected in our old friend, George Bush's famous words: "If you're not with us, you're against us."

Survival was the only real truth. There were no social or political niceties in the South.

People sized you up at a glance and formed a rock hard opinion at the get-go.

Remember that . . . it will help us later.

Confederate States consisted of a mixed bag of diverse people who hated Northern politicians. Southerners were a pre-technology people and they looked upon their slaves as human farming equipment--no more and no less. The fact that they looked human could have quickly made it impossible for decent, god-fearing Christians to treat them so inhumanly--IF it weren't for the fact Southern preachers disabused them of that notion.

Not only were blacks the beneficiaries of a curse placed on Noah's son Canaan, but God actually approved of slavery. So--what's to lament?

Northern industrialist city-slickers were trying to horn in and force genteel Southern folks to--in effect--get rid of their farming equipment! HOW DARE THEY!

Beginning to get the picture?

When I was a child, I saw red-neck men everywhere and I deeply feared them. They had their sleeves rolled high, they cussed, they treated their wife like shit and were damned well not going tolerate anybody telling them what to do. They worshipped Jesus Christ, loved their shotgun (which rode just behind their head on a rack in the ever-present pickup truck--and would be quick to condemn Yankees as worse than rats spreading the plague.

Where did this attitude come from?

Easy--from their Daddy and his daddy before him.

When the South lost the Civil War for real--it did NOT PENETRATE the cognitive dissonance of these stubborn jackasses!

"THE SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN!"

This still holds in much of the state of Texas, for sure.

What other war in history is RE-FOUGHT every year in perpetuity by grown men dressed up in uniforms on a 'sacred battleground' like Little Round Top and Gettysburg?

Why?

They just won't face reality: the old ways of Southern charm and comfort are gone with the wind.

Southern men had privilege. They were each the king of his own castle. Each man's world was ideal (for him.) Little boys grew up next to their Redneck Dad watching him and listening to him pontificate on "Right and Wrong." It was a deepset bond.

Fortunately, I did not grow up with a Dad in my household. So, I escaped this plague of 'culture'. But, I'm here to explain it to you today.

In the very same way Jehovah's Witnesses cannot open their mind to any idea which does not make them the ONLY TRUE religion--Southerners in the U.S. cannot abide giving up their Confederate Flag symbol of hard-headed, never-say-die insanity.

How bad is this attitude today? In Fort Worth where I live, only men over the age of 65 secretly express these views. These are the Fox News constituency. They dare not say any of this aloud--only privately.

Texas, Georgia, North and South Carolina and other southern states--depending on the heritage of Father/Son--are the seedbed for Confederate obstinancy.

When men my age die off--so too will this mindset.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose
    m not suggesting anything. I posted a random link in response to your preposterous assertion that white people randomly kill black people and are not held accountable. I continue to love the level of insanity that racist propaganda degrades to...

Oh good grief, I didn't post anything like that. I don't think you read my whole post. I was responding to a poster who said white men were often killed by black men and nothing was done. I was asking for an example of that. I did leave out a word that might have made it more clear, but if you read it context it is not a post defending white racism, it's the opposite.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    Can I make it simple.....States should only fly the USA flag and the respective state flag. Why fly a flag that represents rebellion? I can see if it is flying at a Civil War battle field or something like that.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Terry, you would make a good history professor. Your lectures would be awesome.
  • TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Have you ever seen a young person with pink hair?

Same thing. No, really.

If you pay absolutely no attention, they lose energy.

The power to provoke controversy is bestowed by those who are offended.

Taking the bait of a Master Baiter is impossible for some persons to resist :)

• SimonSays
    SimonSays

Tell me one example of a where a white man killed by a black man where nothing was done because the perpetrator was black. LisaRose

The only thing utterly ridiculous is your assertion that blacks are not haters too. You claim that no Black person has gotten away with murder. I don’t know where you live in this universe, but in America it happens frequently with black’s private citizen or cop with no consequences. Also Reference Chicago. Self defense is used a much by blacks as do whites. If your assertions is to be color blind, then call it, but don't write that somehow the black race has no faults. White people go before grand juries all the time. Remember Trayvon Martin? Don't argue about race when the question is about the Confederate Flag. A symbol of pride for the South that didn't have any interest in the civil war other than fighting for a cause they felt strongly about, having the federal government tell the State how to live their lives. The distortion of slavery came later, and that's a shame that people only remember the bad, when their were also so many white people in the South helping the Black people to escape to have a better life.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/florida-law-enforcement-finds-black-man-shot-white-racist-in-self-defense/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit