Jehovahs Witnesses to pay 6 figure sum to sex abuse victim. UK.

by The Scotsman 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It has just been on BBC East Midlands news. Quite a long segment. Continued repetition of the words Jehovah's Witnesses and mention that the offender was a Ministerial Servant . 'Amelia' had to write down what she suffered at age 14 for "unqualified elders" to read, which, she said led to her breakdown

There will be an appeal but how fantastic that this is all over national news!

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Excellent!!!

Results like these are what will drive a policy change.

Good!!!

SL

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The damages and an interim payment of £455,000 towards A’s legal costs will be met by the trustees of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks Scotsman.

I do hope I see a literature trolley tomorrow.

I usually keep my cult past separate from my life but I have shared this on Facebook

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

R.Cook. "In the late 1980's and 1990's were ahead of their time in addressing the issue of

child sexual abuse. "For decades we have warned congregants and parents of the

dangers of child abuse. You lying sack of Sh---t....

• Splash
    Splash

Lett claims these reports on child sex abuse are "apostate driven lies and dishonesties".

• punkofnice
  • Laika
    Laika
    I like her message to the Society:
    "These [abuse victims] aren't apostates, these are people who have suffered from horrible, horrible crimes and had their lives completely wrecked... They're not out to destroy the organisation. This is a problem that needs to be dealt with."
    Yes. With the Organisation money talks, let's hope this inspires a change.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It was obvious 'Amelia' was being very sincere. I wonder if the Candace Conti case helped to galvanise her to action? Hopefully, with people liker her and Candace Conti, the WBT$ will have to make changes and actually put in place proper safeguarding policies that comply with Caesar's law and actually DO protect potential victims. It's time the WBT$ cleaned house. We'll see.
  • iwasblind
    iwasblind
    Bring it on UK. It would be great to get stuff started in Australia. I can't imagine how many have been affected here also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit