Jehovahs Witnesses to pay 6 figure sum to sex abuse victim. UK.

by The Scotsman 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Splash
    Splash
    It's on the front page of the BBC news website http://www.bbc.co.uk/news
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ahaaa...I see that now Phuzzy.

I hope the WBT$ gets rinsed out of existance............they won't.....but a punk rocker can hope!!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    6 o'clock evening news? I wonder .. .
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

It occurs to me that now this case has gone as far as it has, NOW is the time for all of us, in the U.K at least, to start keeping this stuff in the forefront of the Media.

I was advocating that we waited until a final settling of Candace Conti's case (bless her), but I feel there is no need to wait any longer, we can get cracking and expose the WT for what they are, money grubbing, cold-hearted Scamsters.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Phizzy31 minutes agoIt occurs to me that now this case has gone as far as it has, NOW is the time for all of us, in the U.K at least, to start keeping this stuff in the forefront of the Media.

Righto, Phuzzy, what can we aggressive Brits do?

• The Scotsman
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

We can use succinct comments on many reports of this case, not repeating what is known, but adding to people's knowledge about the JW attitude to victims of their failed policies.

Pointing out too perhaps, that the JW's, per capita, have a much larger problem of Abuse than say the Catholic Church, 140,000 U.K JW's., 8 million Catholics (from memory, check figures), and many cases of abuse within the JW ranks have already come to light in the U.K

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

punkofnice - "...what can we aggressive Brits do?"

Drink?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Vidiot3 minutes ago - punkofnice - "...what can we aggressive Brits do?"
    Drink?

Hahaha. You got that right...mind you...I'm fairly tee total for no other reason than I can't afford it.

Phizzy2 hours ago-We can use succinct comments on many reports of this case, not repeating what is known, but adding to people's knowledge about the JW attitude to victims of their failed policies.
    Pointing out too perhaps, that the JW's, per capita, have a much larger problem of Abuse than say the Catholic Church, 140,000 U.K JW's., 8 million Catholics (from memory, check figures), and many cases of abuse within the JW ranks have already come to light in the U.K

Yes. Plenty to say in the comment boxes.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

How sad:(

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jun/19/woman-abused-jehovahs-witness-minister-damages

"The victim remained silent at the time, and her mother gave evidence of Stewart’s good character at his trial. It was only in 1999, just before Stewart’s release, that A told her mother what had happened."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit