A day at the Park/Mommy not needed!, ,

by simplesally 4 Replies latest social family

• simplesally
    simplesally

I took off work early today, picked up my little girl at 2pm and took her to the park. She is 15 months old now. Walking and running; pointing and chattering. She was so excited to be at the park. She ran right over to the Big Kids.

She was so cute looking up at the Big Kids. Her little fishing hat (canary yellow) on and white sandals. Big blue eyes.

She then ran to the "jungle gym" with the stairs and slides. I helped her so carefully. We slid down together. I let her slide alone on the teeny baby slide. She was so happy. Then she saw the big jungle gym!!

Boy oh Boy!! Mommy was right there, staying close, helping her up the stairs, chasing her over the bridge, sliding down the big slide. So, I sit down at the slide waiting for her to step into my lap and woooooooops! She ran over to the other big slide BY HERSELF. She slid down it all alone!

So Mommy is now obsolete, BabySally doesn't even need me to play on that Jungle Gym. She mastered the slides, attempted to go down the curly-Q slide, but got side-tracked, she ran all over that park and Mommy pushed her in the swing til it was time to go home. After so many squeals of delight and laughter ringing in my ears, the day ended in tears. She didn't want to go home! Poor baby. She kept pointing at that swing......... What a great day! (but I should feel guilty, it was meeting night)

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Sally

You did the right thing by going to the park. Heck with the meetings.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I said I *should* feel guilty, but I didn't!! I haven't been going to meetings since Memorial.

I was talking to one of my friends and I was saying how much less pressure I have these days without the meetings. The brothers always tried to say that the meetings helped you endure your pressures and anxieties, but man, it was hard getting there during the week, then your whole weekend was shot if you had service on Saturday and meeting on Sunday!

Does anybody else have a good story about playing hookie with your kids???

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

Sally. Enjoy your daughter now because they grow up to be......TEENAGERS. Then the fun really starts.

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Sally,

That was so sweet!!! It reminds me of my own when they were tiny. Doesn't it make all the worries wash away just to see them sqeal and laugh? I love it!! My son is now 10, and my daughter is 7....they don't need me anymore to have fun, I just join them now! I still treasue the moments when they got their fist taste of independence, like your little girl.

Diamond, (by the way, I didn't realize there was a Diamond out on the board until AFTER I posted under my board name...sorry)

Teenagers? Yikes! I'm not too sure I'm looking forward to that time....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit