Adam & Eve Didn't Have One......

by Sentinel 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Last night I had a dream about creation mixed in with a bunch of other "nonsense". Anyway, there was this lineup of men and women and I was supposed to pick out the real Adam and Eve. Everyone was totally nude.

I was working my brain really hard to try and figure this out, when something whispered in my ear "it's easy, silly, they are the only two without belly buttons".

When I woke up this morning, that was the first thing I remembered. It had never occurred to me before.

Adam was created from the "dust of the ground" as the story goes, at any rate, he was not born of a woman. And Eve was "supposedly" formed from man's rib.

This would mean they would have had no need to be connected to anything else giving them life support, like the umbilical cord.

Not that I really believe this story of creation at all, but thought it was an interesting thing to dream. Am I just a late bloomer here, or has anyone else heard this before?)

Sentinel

• Carmel
    Carmel

Be sure to drink a glass of whole milk with your chili pepper dinners. Helps to keep the night mares away..

The old "no bellybutton" idea has been around for two generations.

mushroom man

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

...two generations, eh?

Wow, I am a late bloomer.

Karen

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I thought you were going to say either....

a clue

or a chance

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just two generations, huh?

I'm pretty sure that Paul told Peter that one, but it precedes even that, when Noah told it to Shem.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Abel knew it before he got clobbered.

• Jesika
    Jesika

I guess I am a late bloomer too. I thought it was funny though, especially to dream the answer--maybe you heard it before and just forgot.

• stichione
    stichione

The only one along these lines I heard is: Who's the only man never to have had a mother-in-law? You gessed it, Adam.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit