Can't sign out!

by stillin 40 Replies latest forum tech-support

• Driving Force
    Driving Force

stillin I think you are in a dysfunctional relationship.

That is hard, because I am in such a relationship right now, and all because of the bOrg.

My wife use to use my iPad, so I bought her a tablet (as has been suggested), now she leaves mine alone, there is no reason for her to use mine.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Have two browsers installed, one for general use where you can leave the history untouched, and one purely for jw net, where you wipe it every time you shut it down.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    i had a born in wife like that---up to 34 years ago. freedom comes at a price--but its worth it.
  • disillusioned 2
    disillusioned 2
    My daughter texted me last week and said "dad is trying to hack into your tablet". I was really panicking because I hadn't deleted my history before I went out. He gets really annoyed because I have a password on. "What is she trying to hide" he says. I take it out with me now every time I go out. I also delete all the history after being on it.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I always use "incognito mode" in Chrome. Not sure if Safari has the same ability, but if not you can always download the Chrome app.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    They do. But if his wife is savvy, she's going to be able to tell he is using private mode.

Huh? Use normal mode for normal browsing. When he wants to read JWN, open a private tab, browse, close. Any data associated with that tab or window (and than one only) is gone. Everything else looks normal. That's the whole point of private browsing :)

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Have two browsers installed, one for general use where you can leave the history untouched, and one purely for jw net, where you wipe it every time you shut it down

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203036

Not sure if Safari has the same ability, but if not you can always download the Chrome app.

See above :)

I was really panicking because I hadn't deleted my history before I went out.

Deleting history, all of it, is 100% suspicious. Just put the browser in private or incognito mode for the sites you don't want tracked. That way everything looks normal. See above :)

• gda
    gda
    can't sign out either...ever...just staying logged in on my win 7 computer, forever.....no way out
  • Simon
    Simon
    Welcome to forum-California.
  • OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

I had the same issue, until I simply unchecked the "Remember Me" I am not on a public computer option.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit