The Good News Has Been Globally Preached

by Zechariah 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Zechariah
    Zechariah

Once in a while I read the Daily Textbook where I regularly find many contradictions of teachings with the Bible. Note the example of the text for Sat. 8/3 taken from Acts 12:24 which says the word of Jehovah went on growing and spreading. ...................... Please note the concluding statement of the WTSs comment which they notably left without explanation. ...................... I quote : "Within 30 years after the outpouring of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, Paul wrote that the good news has been preached " has been preached in all creation that is under heaven. This quote is from Col. 1:23. ................. Am I imagining things or does not this commnt raise deep questions nd contradictions about many JW teachings? .................Zechariah................

• You Know
    You Know

Am I imagining things or does not this commnt raise deep questions nd contradictions about many JW teachings?

Apparently, you are imagining things. / You Know

• neyank
    neyank

That's it Youknow?

Is that the only answer you have ?

He asks a good question.

How would a believing JW answer?

neyank

• ISP
    ISP

The good news has always been preached to the necessary extent to carry out WTS purposes...

In times gone by the good news had been preached fully so that the end could come....in 1914, 1925, 1975..

They have publically said that the good news has been preached sufficiently prior to those times!

ISP

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Zechariah,

Well at least we know that You Know does not know the answer. This is typical since the Watchower does not understand it either and has not been able to explain it. The problem is simple. Here context means a lot and is that elusive element many miss.

Paul was referring to the then known world and the territories to which he was assigned. The verse is specific in context only to the territories in which Paul was made a minister. You can see this easlily for he emphasized this point when he said:

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

The context of Matt. 24:14 is somewhat greater in that it takes in all nations. Our Lord's reach is not so restricted and would extend over many more years than Paul with far more ministers involved and thus we have:

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Even in this text not every person needs to be reached. Judgment for most will be based on what they are as human beings, not on what faith or religion or doctrine they embrace. So even here the simple distribution of the bible is enough to fulfil such a prophecy.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 4 August 2002 16:7:57

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

ISP,

Oh how mistaken you are. The Watchtower has NEVER preached the good news to anyone since they do not even know what this good news is. Error is not good news and ERROR is the only thing they have been preaching all along. And they still teach such error to the detriment of all that partake of it. Nearly everything printed in all the years you describe is nothing more than TRASH.

Joseph

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

I remember WT publications saying that since Jehovah reads the heart, anyone with a good heart *will* be reached, and will be saved.

A simple glance around disproves this theory. There are many people that I work with, for instance, who very obviously have good hearts, and yet would never be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. They will go to their graves believing in the Trinity, Hellfire, and such, celebrating Christmas and birthdays, *not* going door to door preaching or even trying to make converts of their friends.

Most people's religous beliefs, as well as their morals, are set by their parents at an early age. To expect that the "worldwide preaching work" reaches anyone but the lost, lonely and confused is to delude oneself in the extreme. And to believe that the One True God will judge people by their response to this so-called "work" that most JW's do half-heartedly at best is to believe that the One True God is a tyrannical monster.

• Farkel
    Farkel

The whole question about whether the Good News was preached in Paul's day is irrelevant as Joseph Malik has already pointed out.

The message of the Watchtower is not good news as it involves the brutal slaughter of 99.99% of the worlds population.

What the Watchtower calls "good news," the rest of the civilized world calls "global genocide."

Farkel

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Hi Farkle,

This Armageddon teaching of the WT is a mess. They confuse texts with the final test with that of Armageddon. They also confuse texts on the resurrection or being changed when our Lord returns by limiting them only to believers. And many texts in revelation that apply only to the 1000 years are applied early such as the one that "Babylon has already fallen." This cannot happen until after the resurrection if finished and such resurrected ones finally make up their minds. But all I have on all this are some ideas and I have not tried to assemble anything comprehensive. It is a wide open subject, ripe for a really good researcher to tackle. The reason I say all this is because of your number of 99.9%. The scriptures I see indicate a number closer to 50% like this:

40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Not everyone so taken will be of the elect and justified or 'first resurrection' but they will be taken neverthless. This agrees with the teaching of the sheep (which are of the nations and not of the elect, possibly even called angels or messengers in this text) and goats. So WT doctrine is not even close to the realities pictured here by such verses and their followers should take note. It shows that they have no understanding whatever of scripture.

Joseph

Edited by - JosephMalik on 5 August 2002 10:49:38

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit