Went to see YES Friday night...

by pomegranate 6 Replies latest social entertainment

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Rick Wakeman was back with them...quite a grand exibition of splendid musicianship.

I highly recommend listening to them and seeing them if you get the opportunity.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

Hello Pomegranate,

Yes was the very first concert that I ever saw as a teenage in 1979, and has always been one of my favorites. Do they still have the revolving circular stage? I would go see them again if they return to my area. A show I will never forget.

• blondie
    blondie

It takes me back too. I am so old I have Yes albums. I will have to go out and get a CD.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

BeelzeDub

Yes was the very first concert that I ever saw as a teenage in 1979, and has always been one of my favorites. Do they still have the revolving circular stage?

No, they stopped using that circle after a few tours. Ahhh 1979. That would have been the end of the Tormato tour I believe. I also saw that tour.

I would go see them again if they return to my area. A show I will never forget.

They are still stupendous after all these years. I would. What major city are you near? Maybe I could find out for you.

blondie

I am so old I have Yes albums. I will have to go out and get a CD.

I exchanged all my vinyl for CD's. One of my favs was Tales From Topographic Oceans. Four 20 minute tunes on two albums!

GRAND! (If I do say so myself)

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

YES TOTALLY MAKES LIFE ENDURABLE

Wow, Pomegranate, I am a total Yes freak. I am your definitive source for Yes trivia and can recite the complete discography - everything they've done including stuff from when they were pre-verbal!! I have everything they've ever released on vinyl, tape, CD, 8-track, reel-to-reel, (not) and have an amazing collection of bootlegged stuff... all of Steve Howe's solos, Trevor Rabin, Trevor Horn, the symphonic muzak crap, etc.

They opened for Emerson Lake & Palmer at the Philadelphia Spectrum theater in 1970 or 71. It was my first concert ($5.00) and my life has never been the same. At my brother's funeral in 1991, I paid the goofy-church -lady organist a hundred bucks to sneak in among the usual smarmy church funeral music: "And You and I" and "To be Over". I'm sure my bro was laughing his ass off somewhere, somehow

I still listen to "Tales" at least once a month..... *sigh*

I'd buy a CD of anything YES does, even if it's just an hour of them making burping sounds. Now I'm gonna check their tour dates... thanks for the news-flash!

Rock on, lauralisa

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Hi lauralisa,

Great post! I am sorry to hear of you brothers passing. The choice of music at his funeral was beautiful.

This is what the 2002 show looked like:

Mr. Wakeman:

Mr. Anderson:

Mr. Howe:

Mr. Squire:

Mr. White:

• IronGland
    IronGland

Prog rock schlock.

Five million chords and not a clue where to put them. hehehe.

Edited by - irongland on 10 October 2002 20:55:4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit