About 1914 ??

by Powermetal4ever 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Powermetal4ever
    Powermetal4ever

Dont know if this has been up before, but I just happened to see it today. Its from the book "A study guide for God's word" which came last year if I am not mistaken. Anyway...

What is the deal with "About 1914 C.E" ?? Are they not sure of that year?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I wonder if the WBT$ is positioning for some 'new light(tm)'? Although, normally they just trot out their nonsense without gradually sliding it in. It's often found in some obscure article that no JW really notices.

Like all their other weird 'teachings(tm)' they are under heavy fire from the internet. We will see. Let's face it, their chronology is strange.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

They believe Satan was cast out sometime between 1914 and 1918. The WT holds that Jesus became king of God's Kingdom in October 1914. They believe this is foretold at Rev 12:5.

According to this 'chronology,' Satan is thrown out afterwards, which is described in Rev 12:7-12.

They believe that the 'persecution' that landed the 7 WT officials in prison (which begins in the spring of 1918) is in fulfillment of Rev 12:13.

Thus, for the WT, Satan had to have been thrown out of heaven sometime after October 1914, but before the 'persecution' begins in the spring of 1918. And since these events (the war in heaven and Satan's being thrown out) are invisible to humans, they want to show themselves 'cautious' Bible students and simply say "about 1914."

(I posted about this also here on another site.)

Bobcat

• Island Man
    Island Man

It's my speculation that they could possibly issue new light saying it's impossible to know exactly when Satan was cast out of heaven. They might say that we only know Jesus was enthroned in October 1914 but we can't know exactly how long after this (in human chronological terms) he was cast out, because humans perceive time differently to spirit creatures in heaven and what could seem to Satan and Michael like a battle of a few hours. could be experienced as months or years on the human time scale.

Perhaps they will say that WWI approximately coincides with the war in heaven between Michael and Satan and that the heavenly war perhaps explains the outbreak of WWI - Satan was so preoccupied with Jesus imminent enthronement and the heavenly battle that immediately ensued that he was too busy to effectively oversee his earthly kingdom, resulting in a temporary state of global turmoil that we know as WWI.

They will say that they love this new teacing and that it makes sense because WWI started in late July while Jesus was clearly enthroned in October, therefore WWI clearly could not have been the result of Satan's ouster since he was ousted soon after Jesus' enthronement - on or after October, and not late July when WWI actually started.

Whatever the case, the fact that they put Satan's ouster as "about 1914" clearly indicates that a new light bulb is about to be unveiled by GB 2.0.

• richgirl
    richgirl
    That chart is part of the appendix in the revised NWT. The supposed beginning of Christ's rule in 1914 is omitted from the chart as well! It seems clear to me this Bible has been printed with the intention of it being around a long time, so they have provided themselves with some 'wriggle room" on the date. "Topics for Discussion" , which included the topic "chronology", (ie. how to reach the date 1914) have also been removed. References to JW doctrine have largely been removed also.
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Island Man.... you came up with the best explanation that would work in JW world. Dam you!
  • prologos
    prologos
    old wt teaching was, that the start of ww1 was a smokescreen satan launched to obscure the "reality" of the birth of the kingdom that was imminent in October. that pre-emptive strike kept the nations from coming into allegiance to the new-born kingdom. Wt is not too sure about that "Satan" thing any more either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit