Apostle Paul admitted you don't need the scripture or faith

by fukitol 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fukitol
    fukitol

Paul basically admitted in Roman's 2 that if you're not a Christian but you follow your conscience and the 'law of your heart' then you are fine!

Screw organised religion. It's bogus. All you need is to follow your heart and your conscience. If there is a God, that's where he's put his imprint. It's not in any ancient, morally twisted, mythological old book of Jewish fables. In fact, that hoary old ancient book of so-called 'holy scripture' only perverts and corrupts one's conscience and natural morality.

12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. 13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep! If any JW says that non-JWs/agnostics/atheists are all immoral or incapable of loving others ( as only dubs can do ), this passage blows it out of the water!

Countless billions have lived and died, following their conscience and therefore, pleasing "God."

DD

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism
    Outstanding! I wholeheartedly agree!
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Interesting. I want to think more about that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit