The Bible is NOT Error-Free

by FusionTheism 174 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Do you have an example of the Bible intentionally lying?

But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Bible lies. Hmmmmm.... How about this whopper:

"in the beginning, god created the heavens and the earth"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Ezekiel 29:10-11 Behold, therefore I am against thee, and against thy rivers, and I will make the land of Egypt utterly waste and desolate, from the tower of Syene even unto the border of Ethiopia. No foot of man shall pass through it, nor foot of beast shall pass through it, neither shall it be inhabited forty years.

Never in its long history has Egypt ever been uninhabited for forty years.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

EXCEPT your endorsement of that horrible moral code.

Among other things, Judge and scorer of above 98% in the LSAT, Cofty aka Vivian?, whether anyone at all endorses or believes in the Bible's moral code that you do not like, does not affect the Bible in the least as being inspired by God or not being inspired by God.

But you started another topic on this thread diverting attention from it's theme and focusing on your psychological fears of people that believe in the Bible's moral code. IF you need some help with your mental problems resulting from your fears, go to a doctor. IF you have a problem with the liberty that people enjoy in believing in the Bible's moral code, tough for you, and whether you like it or not, in the USA that liberty is the law of the land.

All that I have stated is that IF the Bible is inspired, you are accountable for your conduct to God, the judge. IF that turns out to be the case and you have a problem with that, tell it to the judge.

• Simon
    Simon
    Even if it is, it would make more sense to use the good parts / good morality found in the Bible ...

Any part of the bible that is good / moral is only that way because it coincides with our standard of goodness and morality.

Like a stopped watch it's correct occasionally but it adds nothing to the equation - we already know what is right and wrong and don't need the bible to tell us.

It is, after all, wrong a lot more often than it is right. The parts that are compatible with what we know to be right are very few and far between, so why bother with any of it?

• Needs Some Salt
    Needs Some Salt
    the bible is bound to have errors since it was written by men over 2 thousand years ago. I'm surprised that they even had a sense of morality because the stories in it are clearly crazy fiction.
  • garyneal
    garyneal
    Do you have an example of the Bible intentionally lying?

Viviane

But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.

Genesis 3

Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said to the woman, “Indeed, has God said, ‘You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?” 2 The woman said to the serpent, “From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat; 3 but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ‘You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.’” 4 The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die! 5 For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.

Genesis 22

Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever

---

So who told the truth, Jehovah or Satan?

https://youtu.be/RI0sA6nyQKI?t=52s

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The bible is not error free because it was written by men who were inspired to create power and relevance to their select god YHWH sourced and influenced from their own ignorance of the world they lived in, the same world we live in today.

Other ancient civilizations that existed with the ancient Hebrews had their own structured moral standards as well.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty aka Vivian? - Fisherman

Perhaps Simon could check our respective ISPs and confirm Viv and I are on separate continents.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Perhaps Simon could check our respective ISPs and confirm Viv and I are on separate continents - Cofty

I trust that you mean that Viv and you are different posters with no relationship whatsoever. If that is what you are saying, I trust your word, and thank you for your kind clarification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit