For Bill Bowen and the ex-dubs

by StinkyDrawz 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• StinkyDrawz
    StinkyDrawz

I'm new here. I though I would simply drop a quote from the only philosopher I ever found even remotely interesting. I am sure that Bill and the rest of you, having seen the depths that the Society has sunken to, can appreciate this little tidbit of wisdom.....

"People who comprehend a thing to its very depths rarely stay faithful to it forever. For they have brought its depths into the light of day: and in the depths there is always much that is unpleasant to see."

- Frederich Nietzsche's Human, all too Human

Of course, this quote can be adapted to all manner of things. From parents, to lovers, to governments....

In case any of you don't know, Nietzsche was an extremely vocal anti-Christian philosopher. His musings are fascinating and insightful, although most times cryptic (like many philosophers). He wasn't necessarily anti-Christ (pardon the pun), but sees Christ himself as more human than the Bible depicts him. He even goes so far as to imply that a legendary figure such as Jesus could only have appeared in ancient Judaea and flourished because that region was so wholly depressing and the Jewish god Yahweh was so frightening. Nietzsche surmised that Jesus saw, like many great men before and after him, that life is FAR more than simply bowing and scraping to an omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient yet spiteful, retributive, vengeful being for fear of angering Him and being punished.

There are plently of resources online to locate Nietzsche's work. I wholeheartedly recommend looking up his work.

Oh yeah, I like cheese. My wife is Stinkypantz and I'd like to say "HI!" to everyone here

----HI!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the board. Interesting eyebrows!! (reminds me of Groucho Marx)

• Valis
    Valis

SD..I thought I was having an LSD moment when I looked at your pic! *L* Welcome to the board. I like Nietzsche as well...was one of the first philosophers I ever studied. I also like Bertrand Russell a lot too. Nice to have you here...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• StinkyDrawz
    StinkyDrawz

Thanks...!

Philosophy has never been one of my favorite subjects, but Nietzsche is an exception.

You like my pic? I thought it would be funny to have the eyebrows sneak up on ya'!

Hope to hear from more of you later!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit