David Splane address bethelites

by rosesinbloom 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...Splane points out that Protestant reformers were not active in the preaching work. He shows how it was the Catholic religion which is most responsible for disseminating the word of God around the world..."

Wow.

I'd always found it ironic that, for a religion that started out almost as an anti-Catholic protest group, the WTS evolved to emulate the RCC way, way more than it's membership ever realized.

x

This almost feels like the shy, mousy girl sending a note in home-room to the popular jock, asking him "do you like me?"

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Listener : I like your comment2 days ago

Thanks for the links. It provided the link to Splane's morning worship talk.

The GB still believe that there were anointed on earth throughout the last 1900 years but if they were not qualified to provide spiritual food then how did they become anointed? This means that during those 1900 years the anointed did not need to know bible truths, including the requirement to preach to others. On what basis did God select them in order to anoint them?

Surely, if those individuals were anointed by God during this period of time without the need to receive or pass on spiritual food or the need to be part of an earthly organization (or God's earthly organization) then there is no such requirement today for one to be selected to be anointed.

By giving this speech Splane is including Charles T Russel as being disqualified to be appointed as the FDS.

• Tenacious
  • Esse quam videri
  • Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Awesome posts, thank you. Although getting through it all did leave me rather dizzy, lol.

Splane is just so creepy. It almost seems like he's the motor behind many of these weirdnesses, but who knows. They are all so alien to me now. It is *all* very alien and spooky! Looking at these people and realizing they are the ones in charge of all the dogma and teachings ....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit