David Splane address bethelites

by rosesinbloom 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

The fact that the roman catolic church and the asian sister churches together brought the christia gospel together with bibles into to whole world is the fulmilment of Mat. 24, 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.

Only after Jehovas witnesses and adventists and their prostestant teachers learned the gosple of jesus from missionaries they founded a sect and decided to explain the kingdom as a "humanlike" governement, a government like all government on earth but a little bit more perfect, so they tried to steal the success of the catolic preaching work and to make their own preaching work appearing the only one existing. Now even Splane admits that the catolic church was the only church that brought the gospel to the whole world as Jesus and the holy spirit wanted. AAhaaa! Splane come back to the mother church, we will forgive you.

It is not possible, as I always say, that Jesus and the holy spirit would have been 2000 years inactive and

that Jesus came to earth and then 2000 years people would have to live in spiritual darkness only to wait for JT Russell or the FDS class 1919? Stupid idea. Throught the catolic evangelisation the christian faith influenced the whole world. It is not true that catolic priests did not know the pospel as Splan indicates. For the catolic service they produced evangeliaries a collections of gospel passages which were read in the service the bible passages and sermons are regulated https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangeliary

Althought the christian faith influence so many things, the problem was that the christian faith did never really play the main role in the life of people and in some epoches church leaders that new the bible were not willing to live according to the gospel, some like Francis of Assisi wanted to live according to the gospel. But he did not leave the church, because there is only one christ and only one church. The last 2000 years were not easy for the church, for the missionaries, but God knew what risk, but the bible survived, but the church survived. and in the underground christianity is the basis of our western culture. Jesus christ is God and he is strong enought to stand all the difficult times.

Hundred of millions of christians in asia, turkey, africa, were forced to convert to islam or were killed while

the islam spread in asia.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger
    His 4th point is moot anyway because Jesus followers weren't collectively 'commanded' to preach. They were told to 'go make disciples'. If anything you could argue for a selective preaching work because of Jesus only choosing 35 pairs to go preach rather than send everyone.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Rosesinbloom - you make a fundamental mistake and false assertion which is due to the indoctrination many of us here have been victims of - "The Bible has fortold this coruption would happen in Jehovah's house. That he is going to start with the cleansing of his own house, the WBTS. Not with the fall of Babylon the Great.."

The 'house of God' is not limited to "Jehovah's Witnesses" - it must include everyone who claims/claimed to be serving the God of the Bible/follower of Christ. (Acts 10:43; Ephesians 2:19-22)

There were no J.W.'s in existence prior to the 1930's, so God's house wouldn't have many in it - and, keep in mind that not one scripture directed Christians to witness for "Jehovah", but at least 28 verses instructed them to witness for Christ!

How could J.F. Rutherford have missed all those verses, and opted for one Hebrew verse instead?

The article which you quote by the Beroean Pickets is excellent except for one thing - any Christian who refers to members of the Org's governing body as "brother", should have a serious rethink, and meditate on Jesus' words at Matthew 25:45, 46 - “Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.’ These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.”

Would you seriously call such men "righteous" and "brothers of Christ?"

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

So...to believe these men were appointed by Christ you have to believe they were appointed by Christ in the first place to accept their non-scriptural viewpoint and that the viewpoint is correct.

Circular reasoning in plain sight right there...

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Crazyguy. I've been thinking the same thing for a while. They are gonna Joseph Smith this religion and take the cult level to 11
  • done4good
    done4good

Half Banana - That was an excellent post. It should be bumped regularly.

Much of thinking outside of the lines, (other words to see the bible as just another amalgamation of pre-existing ideas), takes understanding the boundaries between the "contained" system, (the bible itself in this case), and the "containing" system, (the system that led to its creation indirectly). This type of stuff is taught in graduate level logic classes, but can be read up on easily.

Most people that typically take up a very Protestant view towards the bible do so because they do not learn to discern those lines of distinction between systems. I know in my case several years ago I could see the bible did not add up, and when I continued to research its history, (and Christianity's history by extension, one of the big elements of the containing system), it was not too long before I was well on my way to becoming atheist.

d4g

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Prediction:

They are going to say Armagedon of the bible was not literal, it was 1914 or something, and they (gb) will be opening the new scrolls aka the Book of JW

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    ...prior to 1455, there were no printed versions of the Bible. No Bible, no food. No food, nothing for the slave to feed the domestics with, hence, no slave.

There was no printed version of any Bible when Jesus' followers formed and grew the Christian church.

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

...prior to 1455, there were no printed versions of the Bible. No Bible, no food. No food, nothing for the slave to feed the domestics with, hence, no slave.

There was no printed version of any Bible when Jesus' followers formed and grew the Christian church.

Quite correct. The "Bible" as the source of spiritual food is ridiculous, since it didn't even come into existing for quite some time after Christ and the apostles. Yet, what was Peter charged with?

John 21:15-17: When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter: “Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?” He replied to him: “Yes, Lord, you know I have affection for you.” He said to him: “Feed my lambs.” 16 Again he said to him a second time: “Simon son of John, do you love me?” He replied: “Yes, Lord, you know I have affection for you.” He said to him: “Shepherd my little sheep.” 17 He said to him a third time: “Simon son of John, do you have affection for me?” Peter became grieved that he asked him the third time: “Do you have affection for me?” So he said to him: “Lord, you are aware of all things; you know that I have affection for you.” Jesus said to him: “Feed my little sheep.

We see two things here:

1. Christ charges Peter with this "feeding".

2. Christ equates "feeding" with "shepherding", not with disseminating what Bible verses mean.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free
    Thanks for this post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit