Foot and Mouth Disease Hits my Town.

by Englishman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

JW`s will find their attempts at house to house work severly impeded in the rural county of Somerset, England.

This afternoon I was driving back home to Weston super Mare along the A370. As I approached the town I noticed barriers being erected across the junctions to the `B` roads which lead into the countryside. Across the barriers are signs which read: "Foot and Mouth disease. Infected area. Do not enter."

All movement in the countryside is now restricted, even the postman is forbidden to deliver his mail lest he carry the infection with him. The government is under pressure to postpone forthcoming elections as political party representatives will be unable to carry out their canvassing work without carrying the disease on the soles of their shoes.

There is little shortage of meat right now, butchers have switched to New Zealand lamb and South American beef although prices have risen somewhat.

My brother in law who has a farm in Scotland is losing £1000`s every week. Although his farm is clear, he is forbidden to move his animals to sell them. He breeds "Gloucester old spot" pigs for the gourmet market, but as he only has a 2 week "window" in their growth rate to sell them as prime pork, they are now devalued down to bacon pigs.

Thats it, I just thought I would let everyone know whats happening here in the UK.

Englishman.

• LDH
    LDH

English, I am very sorry!

If you were to believe the CNN chart showing the ratio of outbreak during the last FAM outbreak, the worst is yet to come....

Lisa

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Englishman,

I'm glad to see you are here-missed you lately at H2O.

I've seen a great deal about this terrible disease on the news, sounds like it's getting worse every day. It's horrible to see those huge piles of livestock burning. Can imagine the smell!

I wish there was something we could do--for now you have our sympathies.

Regards,
    Julie

• Kent
    Kent

JW`s will find their attempts at house to house work severly impeded in the rural county of Somerset, England.

Unfortunately for Somerset, this is secular law - so who cares....

This afternoon I was driving back home to Weston super Mare along the A370. As I approached the town I noticed barriers being erected across the junctions to the `B` roads which lead into the countryside. Across the barriers are signs which read: "Foot and Mouth disease. Infected area. Do not enter."

Outside the Kingdom Halls there should be a sign: "Foot in the Mouth disease. Infected area. Do not enter."

When this is said, the sickness ravaging England these days are terrible, and there is great fear it might have spread far. France is hit - and Norway closed the borders for all import of meet from EU and EFTA countries yesterday. 14 days in the first place - but who knows. I think that depends on what happens in France. If the Foot and Mouth disease hits in France the way it did in England - I'm afraid all hell is loose:(

Regards

Kent

• Tina
    Tina

G'Day Eguy,

FMD is pretty much global now. France confirmed a case on Tues. Bangladesh has an outbreak. Italy has sealed her borders from animals coming from the EU. Copenhagen has a confirmed 4 cases of BSE.
    Buenes Aires is reporting a case now. Brinkhorst the Minister Of Agriculture(netherlands) is sealing off like Italy......I can go on and on ......they're working on a vaccine......better off to become a vegetarian for the duration of this,,,regards,Tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit