Brother Wattington

by FiveShadows 9 Replies latest jw friends

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

How many know/remember brother wattington of the Southern CA Co? The One that would always start his prayer with his diagphram emphasising the first word... "JJJJEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...." ...and then pause as if actually waiting for Jehovah to turn around and say "yes jim?" (i think his first name was jim..forgot) .....wonder what happened to him...anyone know? ~FS

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I think after the beginning of one of his prayers, Jehovah actually appeared and took his body up to heaven to rule as one of the 144k king priests with Jesus. The only thing he left was his bound volumes, where are now on exhibit in the smithsonian

• zev
    zev

are you sure it was jehovah? or was it jehover?

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

No i know it's Jehovah because ..he use to hold out the "ah" for about 2 seconds. ..so..he's dead? ~FS

• Room 215
    Room 215

Are you referring to Jim Waddington, ex-Bethelite? If so, I remember him from those days, and he was hardly a spiritual pillar of strength; on the contrary, several of his contermporaries would number him among the B.A.s (``Bad Attitudes'').

• Xandria
    Xandria

Um um.. don't know how to put this but if it is the Jim I am thinking of ( b/c I am related to the clan)..last I knew he was still kicking. But only certain members of the tribe.. associate w/ me. B/c most don't realize who I am due to a certain member of the family.. it is complex. Anyway.. the Waddington Tribe is a long rooted one. I could ask one of the Aunts.. who does write some to me.

Xandria

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I remember Brother Waddington. He was my CO for several years in So.Cal.

I really liked him. Although I don't condone what he taught, he was a very good speaker. At least he kept me from falling asleep when he visited. I think his GeeeHooooooooooovah prayers were his little signature so everyone would remember him.

Where in So Cal are you from?

<Chevy>

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

P.S. I remember one time when he lived at the apartment above teh kingdom hall in Ontario CA, he was on his way to give a talk and got in to a pretty bad car accident. His wife was hurt and he was shaken up. He sent his wife to the hospital, then got a ride to the meeting to give his talk. Went to the hospital afterwards. I don't know if he was dedicated or stubborn

<chevy>

• Xandria
    Xandria

Jim was the Nephew of a relation of mine... he was in and out of our lives alot so I don't know him as well. The family had alot of issues and were funny about many things.. His Uncle moved around alot himself in S. Cal. We lived in Fullerton, Hemet, Idylwild, etc. The family is more Northernly located.

I don't know if Jim ever spoke about his families orgins. But he can be a part of the tribe of Waddingtons.. there is more than one Jim so you know. An they are spread out alot.

Xandria

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Yes I had him as our curcuit overseer. ; I really liked him he never bothered me about not being a regular pioneer.
    After him we got Mary Jo and Ken Shen(sp)& She told me I was evil because I didn't want to pioneer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit