Radio Broadcast - 01/06/15 - Controversy over Shannon Farmer's involvement in Blood Management

by OrphanCrow 14 Replies latest watchtower medical

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Wow, you really have investigated this and I'm impressed. I was concerned about the personal rights of those who are not remotely JW being forced to accept a biased approach from these men. The department who hired Farmer, said he did not know about his religious standing on the matter of blood. I find this hard to believe. I do know these men are not or.....were not fully qualified for the job. I was suspicious as soon as pharmaceutical companies became involved.

It all smacked of the same old grab for money........even power over another's choice or destiny. He comes from my neck of the woods, in a congregation that my family attends. They think he's some sort of god or hero. It's disgusting.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Umbertoecho: I do know these men are not or.....were not fully qualified for the job. I was suspicious as soon as pharmaceutical companies became involved.

As soon as I found out that they were JWs, my spidey sense was tingling. Lol!

Farmer and Hofmann are qualified, all right. Qualified in bloodless medicine. They promoted bloodless medicine - it is their baby, they are heavily invested in it, they have been in on the ground floor of bloodless technology. Both are founding members of the very first blood management society ever - the SABM. The bloodless medicine field did not develop outside of the JWs - it was developed by JWs. Who are making a piss pot full of money from it.

Personally, I find the whole field of bloodless medicine to be creepy. When I read of an account where a man was kept alive, suspended in a coma for 19 days without a drop of human blood in him, and the doctor reporting this event was so proud of that...well, it creeped me out. Imagine having all of your blood drained out of you and your body being held in suspension....for days and days.

And the creepiest thing of all? The ideology of bloodless medicine mirrors the JW ideology - the goals are the same - to live forever...here...on earth. And the replacement of human blood with artificial blood is just step in that direction. The same goals and the same promise.

*to add - that is why the blood transfusion ban will never entirely go away. Technologies like artificial blood still need subjects to test the limits on - treatment of every other patient has to follow a resuscitation model. JWs still have a purpose - to test the limits.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse
    Please go to the YUKU forum of exjehovahs witnesses and look up birdwoman2. She is also doing exhaustive research into this. You two might find info from each other.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    nonjwspous: Please go to the YUKU forum of exjehovahs witnesses and look up birdwoman2. She is also doing exhaustive research into this. You two might find info from each other.

Hello, Nonnie. Lol! Who do you think I am?

Besides a crow, that is... :)

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Oh for Pete's sake you bird you! I should have known! I am a blond you know.. ( well, I was until the grey showed up) Good to "see" you here! I am such a fan of yours ( can you tell?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit