by truthseekeriam 48 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2
    Wow! Details!!!
  • Mephis
  • zeb
    zeb

"That girl will go down in history for what she did."

I would like to see her nominated for the Nobel Peace prize if anyone can do this.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Congratulation to Candace.

Since it was settled, I'm sure that the settlement included a gag order that prevents Candace from talking about the settlement and may be even the case in the future.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• bafh
    bafh
    wait, does this mean that she won, or they won? They've settled before. I thought her intention was to take it as far as it would go to force their hand to change policy. I must have missed something, but it seems like she has given up. Didn't the court ruling state that the WT was NOT required to protect the congregation? So how is this a "win"?
  • St George of England
    St George of England

This will have taken over Candice Conti's life for years now. She must be sick of the thing.

Take whatever she can and enjoy it now, she has nothing to prove to anyone.

George

• Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress
    Didn't the court ruling state that the WT was NOT required to protect the congregation?

They ruled that the WT didn't have a 'duty to warn' the other members of the congregation about J Kendrick, the molester. However, they DID find the Watchtower NEGLIGENT for 'lack of supervision' during field service.

That finding of negligence, by itself, could open the door for many more lawsuits, since countless numbers of children have spent countless hours alone with strangers in their cars, during 'field service.' That's my takeaway, FWIW. I'm not a JW, but I think I have an idea of the big picture. Especially when looking at the multi-million dollar lawsuits that have sucessfully forced many Catholic diocese into bankruptcy. And yes, I do believe that attorney Zalkin was behind some of these lawsuits. And I do believe that the GB knows this too, or at least their own attorneys do.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    Well done Candace + Team Conti. You've beaten the beast! May many more do likewise.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

What , it has been over 3 years or more since this trial began ? You have been an inspiration to us on J.W.com and elsewhere ,J.W Facts , etc. Candace and we support you in whatever decision you make to end this affront to your person.

And do not put yourself down as to what influence you may have on people who have gone through similar experiences ,

Whatever you have decided to end this tragedy against you ,I for one and I am sure thousands of others support you in your decision to bring this to a close .

Take care Candace Conti

I wish you all the best .

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Let's hope the heroine of the piece, Candace, is satisfied with the outcome and can get on with life in peace.

I hope this opens up the floodgates and inspires others to come forward and sue the WBT$ right, left and centre until they either dissappear or change their utterly evil paedophile protecting poicy.

I was please to see the Loughborough case here in the UK.

Up yours WBT$, may your gluttonous perverts AKA governing body, face absolute justice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit