Bethel Meeting at Regional Convention

by MrTheocratic 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lieu
    Lieu

The current economic situation demands those of little education and meager skill to search for free food and housing anywhere they can. I would think the turnout large.

It's not like the WTBTS takes care of its poor, aging, or needy members outside of HQ. They aren't like the Apostles or 1st Century Christians. No charity. No general fund. Nada.

• bradford
    bradford

There are many ways to interpret something like the bethel meeting standing room only scenario.

Reason 1:

Overcompensate for doubts, boredom, immorality by pioneering, going to bethel, school for couples, etc. Possibly the same is true here.

Reason 2:

If you are judged by full time service and field service accomplishes absolutely nothing, bethel becomes the only thing you have left to try, unless you can afford to move where there is a "need." Since there are not a lot who can afford.. There us go

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

I guess I qualify as a zombie and spring chicken when I applied and joined Bethel and spent over 10 years there. My "intentions" were true, really believed I was serving the good lord. I even commuted for a whole year to work there, yes and enjoyed the lunch at the tables. This was way back then.

Recently, brothers have complained of how lazy bethelites are when ever they would go seeking some of their services. Even in the congregation their higher than thou attitude is clear.

Keep in mind that in many lands as is here Bethel life offers what most youths cannot get on their on their own efforts, it's the lazy generation right? In the third world it's next to easily the best choice. Immediate acceptance by the rest of the flock. Twisted huh?

As much as we'd like it all to crash 'n burn... There' s a spring chicken born everyday that can be turned into a zombie... That's over 360 a year...in one land..

It's a good life for bethelites here. When all this cutting back on Bethel was going on a brother confessed to me that he was terrified if he was thrown out of Bethel he wouldn't survive, even special pioneering terrified him "am just not cut out for that" he wouldn't know where to start his life. He is still in Bethel... and takes antidepressants.

If only Bethels would get more seriously "simplified"! Locally most even have cars after a few years while most of the hard working jw populace don't all their lives.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit