Bethel Meeting at Regional Convention

by MrTheocratic 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrTheocratic
    MrTheocratic

I decided to go to the Bethel recruiting meeting yesterday to test out my theory that the organization is in decline. I assumed that if there is a general feeling of apathy by many in the org, then certainly it would be shown up by the lack of enthusiasm or zeal by many to sign up for bethel service.

Well let me say that based on what I observed, this organization IS NOT going anywhere. The meeting was standing room only with people from all ages and genders. Even the Bethel speaker was in amazement and commented "that the future was in good hands.

Often times many argue on this site that the organization is in decline due to many reasons. But I believe that JW.org was designed as a tool to prepare and build this organization for he next 100 years.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    What convention are you at? PM me
  • Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Thanks for the Intel. I agree that there are plenty of 20-30 year olds who are all in. This cult isn't going away for awhile.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

my theory that the organization is in decline

I think the org is in decline, and I don't think what you observed counters that. It's too small a sample to be able to use to draw general conclusions. I believe there are plenty of deluded, naive, star-struck JWs who are in awe of anything having to do with Bethel, but that doesn't mean the org is not in decline.

I believe that the overall JW numbers are stagnant and might actually start to decline soon. I believe that JWdom is in decline in quality. JWs now run from questions and arguments. So does the org. It is no longer bold and confident as it once was.

Yeah, maybe there was standing room only for that meeting, but there are no (or very few) intelligent, stable, well-informed people coming in from the outside anymore, and a lot of people like that who are JWs are beginning to learn TTATT. So, while there might be plenty of deluded GB idolizers, there ain't going to be any Bethel for them to go to one day if things keep going the way they are.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious
    The sample you saw was of the truest of the true believers. Only the weirdos and zombies are interested in bethel.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    people can be as comited as they like but if the jws have no money then ir really makes things difficult eg they have closed 20 branch offices down acording to the jw website and if they keep having child abuse cases,in the uk they have got possibly 6 new cases coming up.and acording to steven letts their is more money going out than coming in.what would happen if they have to sell bethel in new york off,woops they have had to do that already :-)
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Yes, Captain Obvious, excellent point. I actually meant to say in my comment above that the sample was biased.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Was it one of those congregations where they have mixed two together? In my congregation there was a mix of two congregations as the two separate ones were pretty small, but as a combined congregation, it was larger.

Put that badly..sorry.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    Magnum. You make great points. There are def issues in dub land. There is no good fresh blood coming in. But these ones that I see in my area who are all in (applying to bethel, etc... ) aren't rejects. They are normal successfull people. I really don't know what it will take to wake this group up.
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    Back in the old days all my friends and I used to go to all the Bethel meetings not because we wanted to go to Bethel, but because we wanted to meet chicks. But we never signed up to go. The sisters did the same thing. I bet the great majority of young kids today are doing the same thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit