Has this place changed you?

by OUTLAW 51 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When I first came here I was happy to find a place where I could laugh, get pissed off or just speak my mind on a subject.The people I have met here are some of the most,kind,careing,informative,helpfull souls. I couldn`t have asked for a better group to be involved with.I do not always agree with my board mates.Even with the ones who piss me off,there is still a comradeship(YK comes to mind,LOL).Finding this board has taught me one important thing.We are not alone,we have each other...OUTLAW

• Jesika
    Jesika

I am glad I found this board. I have met alot of great people and had the chance to meet Valis and Sixofnine in person. I am looking forward to meeting more in Aug.

Being here was a nice break from silentlambs-------please don't misunderstand me when I say that----------what I mean is I don't have to be serious all the time and it is nice to be able to not have my abuse right in my face everyday. I can laugh and talk to people who understand where I come from.

Love you all,

Jesika

• rocky220
    rocky220

to Out law and Jesika:

at the risk of sounding sappy, i've been floating out here alone since 1975...born into this

"religion", thanks to this site i can enjoy true fellowship again[fighting back tears].

rocky

• The_Bad_Seed
    The_Bad_Seed

Top Ten Reasons I Like It This Site

10 - Replaced boring dub jargon from YHWH to Simon

09 - Gained 7 unsightly pounds

08 - Developed a nervous twitch after JANH parried my vain attacks with a powerful spell

07 - Have come to know and love every GB member intimately

06 - Have come to know and love Jesus_Christ intimately

05 - Have come to know AlanF and JANH to write some of the longest informative/argumentative posts the internet will ever see

04 - Have realized that there are cool people in Texas, not just Joad-esque misfits with guns

03 - My stuttering has skyrocketed as my frequently monitoring posts takes me out of the social world altogether

02 - jjrizo looks like Sylvester Stallone in Cobra

01 - Newfound multi personality disorder makes for better conversations when alone, or online

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

This site is going to cost me my job. I just dont get any work done anymore :)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Jesica,it`s nice to have you here.I haven`t seen Bill Bowen post here for a few days.If you run across him in the next few days tell him OUTLAW say`s hey..Thanks ..>>>Hey rocky220,I was raised in the JW`s from the age of two,I left just before the 1975 armagedon(LOL) in 1974.I floated around with not many people to talk with about my life,until last year when I found this place.Now most everyone here knows what I`m talking about when I communicate with them.What a change!Rocky 220 welcome to the board...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 31 July 2002 13:47:53

• Jesika
    Jesika

Outlaw-------

I can email directly and tell him for you. Does he know you by "outlaw" or another name. I don't want Bill to think I am calling him an outlaw (just kiddin).

I love being on this board, I agree with Crazy151 about the job thing. Can't seem to tear myself away from the computer anymore to get a job.

Love you all,

Jesika Thoman

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey bad seed,you`ve got more personalities than I can count,LOL.If I can make it I`m thinking about coming to your appostofest.So are you going to get the Tragicly Hip to show up?(LOL).>>>Hey Crazy Drinker,it took me awhile before I could tear myself away from this place it is addicting..>>>Hey Jessica,I post on a lot of Bills threads,so I think he`ll know who your talking about.No need to go out of your way,I just thought if you two crossed paths you could say hey for me.Thanks ..OUTLAW

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

<------------ Texan who waxes nostalgic for the days when you only got four years for a man killin' charge.

Six- Dylan-esque class

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I've been on this board less than a month, and already my family can see the positive changes. I am thrilled at the breadth and depth here. On the one hand, I really like the scholarly threads, though I have a weakness in that regard and can too easily get caught up in hyperanalysis. OTOH, I especially benefit from the personal experiences and socialization, being a good little sociopathic ex-JW in need of such therapy.

My big advantage is that I am currently unemployed, and can prowl around here all day! And I do, too

Craig

Edited by - onacruse on 31 July 2002 14:25:22

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit