Popeye, Bluto and Miss Oyl

by Dutchie 8 Replies latest social entertainment

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I was just watching Popeye The Sailor Man while getting dressed for work (for some reason the television was tuned to the Cartoon

Network) and it just amazes me they way Popeye and Bluto fight over Olive Oyl. I mean I suppose she's a nice person, but she is

stunning unattractive, with no body and absolutely no boobs, she is constantly in the same outfit and yet she has two men fighting over

her. Now admittedly these two men are no prizes in the looks department themselves, but just the fact that they find Mss Oyl

irresistable and ae willing to fight over her says a lot about them!

Anyway, does anyone doubt that Sweetpea is Olive and Popeye's illegitimate baby? Who do they think they're kidding anyway?

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Dutchie-

Popeye is always wearing that sailors suit and Bluto (or Brutus) looks like he smells like fish (he must fish for a living). Popeye is a lot cleaner-looking than Brutus (Bluto).

Popeye probably has bowel problems since he doesn't chew his spinach. The long strands of spinach must get entangled in his intestines. Bluto (Brutus) has a weight problem but he has some serious guns (muscles). Popeye's chin is like Jay Leno's and his forearms look pregnant.

Olive Oyl is too skinny (anorexic? sp?). She has an annoying voice. She is a flirt and she is scared of commitment. Her hair-do is lame. She needs a makeover and some serious weight gain.

And, yeah, where the heck DID Sweet Pea come from???

Edited by - Mister Biggs on 31 July 2002 8:25:37

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Mister Biggs, I'm laughing hysterically at your post!

Thank you for letting me start my morning off with a good old fashioned belly laugh!

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Dutchie-

Because I like you so much ( ), here's something else that I hope makes you laugh...

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Stop! Stop!

I just spit my coffee and people are giving me funny looks!

• SYN
    SYN

You know that the one thing I find irresistable is a bit of Photoshopping...

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I remember some years back going to a comedy club and hearing the comedian joke about why Popeye and Bluto (later Brutus, I wonder why they changed that) were always fighting over "The ugliest woman in the world".

Andee

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Ah, SYN. I was going to use that same Bluto. There aren't many large pictures of Brutus out there on the 'net.

Perhaps a woman should break down the features (or lack thereof) of Olive Oyl.

Also, what was up with Wimpy as well as Alice the Goon?

• SYN
    SYN

Hehe! Beat you to it Mister Biggs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit