Good Health to You

by apostate 1 Replies latest jw friends

• apostate
    apostate

Acts 15:29: to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!"

I always wondered if not to accept blood is so important for a Christian that he/she should rather give up his/her life, why is it that the New Testament only mentions this restriction at Acts 15:29. This verse also says "GOOD HEALTH TO YOU"

If I am correct doctors use blood transfusion only when they feel that someone's life is in danger. They use blood to save life! (They use herbs and vitamins to improve health) If someone looses his/her life how is this verse (good health to you) apply to them.

A JW may say that it is applied after the resurrection, but it makes no sense since everybody will have perfect health in Paradise.

Jesus did put lot's of emphasis on not to get involved with making lot's of money. In my congregation about half of the elders owned businesses and were very rich. They frequently gave psychologically abusive Be moreā€¦ Do more talks. Could you pioneer? Jehovah is not happy with token service. Are you sure you are giving him your best? Etc.

These guys where in the best position in the whole congregation to pioneer. They had so much money if Armageddon wouldn't come till 2025 they would easily survived on their savings. (Armageddon was always just around the corner) Yet they never pioneered themselves. The New Testament is full of warnings against living for the riches. This hypocrisy seemed not to be a problem for the Circuit Overseer.

The Bible also says that liars will not inherit God's Kingdom. Many Christians lie time to time under pressure. (I am not talking about theocratic warfare here) They don't have to go to the Elders to seek help unless it becomes habitual. They just say it in prayer that they are sorry and go on with their life.

Why can't someone do this with the blood transfusion? There is no bigger pressure than loosing your life!

English is my second language, I hope you can figure out the point I am trying to make.

Edited by - apostate on 14 March 2001 13:4:19

Edited by - apostate on 14 March 2001 13:5:17

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    This verse also says "GOOD HEALTH TO YOU"

This always bugged me cuz dubs think itz wicked to say "bless you" or "gesundheit"
    but Paul can say "good health to you".

SPAZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit