?? about GB member...

by RN 2 Replies latest jw friends

• RN
    RN

Does anyone know anything about GB member M. Stephen Lett?? I have often wondered if his parents were the Special Pioneer couple that first studied with my family in the early seventies, Mark and Jean Lett. They were from Texas, and at least one (if not both) of their sons, Steve and Tim, were at Bethel in the early 1970's.

Just very curious.....

RN

• Osarsif
    Osarsif

M. Stephen Lett (?-)

Started as pioneer on December, 1966.

From 1967 to 1971 served in Brooklyn Bethel. In October 1971 married to Susan and entered in the special pioneer service.

From 1979 to 1998 served as circuit overseer.

In April 1998 was called to Brooklyn Bethel.

On October 2, 1999 was appointed to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Source: w2000 1/1 29.

• RN
    RN

Yes, I've seen the bio and the dates of Bethel service are in the correct time frame. I was hoping someone might have a little info on his family so I could nail down whether there is a connection or not. I was only 9 or 10 when I met "Steve Lett" and his wife and I cannot remember her name.

As best as I can remember, Mark and Jean Lett were from Texas. Their Special Pioneer assignment in the early seventies was in northwestern Arkansas (Ozark, Clarksville) By the late seventies they were in the Mobile, AL area and I believe Jean, now widowed, still lives in that area.

Like I told my brother, this falls into the interesting but not vital to life on the planet category...it's just something I'd like to know.

Thanks for the response--RN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit