How Would a JW Respond to . . .

by ABibleStudent 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

reading Archbishop Resigns After Archdiocese Charged With Coverup article?

Archbishop John Nienstedt, Deputy Resign After Archdiocese Of St. Paul and Minneapolis Charged With Sex Abuse Coverup

AP | By NICOLE WINFIELD

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis has started making good on his promise to not let even the most senior churchmen get away with sex abuse or cover-up.

On Monday, he accepted the resignation of the embattled archbishop of St. Paul and Minneapolis and his deputy bishop after prosecutors there charged the archdiocese with having failed to protect children from unspeakable harm from a pedophile priest who was later convicted of molesting two boys. . . .

Considering how the WTBTS treats child abuse victims, who is the "Whore of Babylon" now?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cappytan
    cappytan

ABibleStudent: They would respond by saying, "Why should anyone in the Governing Body resign over a manufactured, false controversy?"

We see the controversies and scandals for what they are. JW's that are loyal see controversies and scandals as Satanic lies and propaganda.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ cappytan, I was more curious about how JWs would respond to the Catholic Church (i.e., Pope Francis) disciplining priests/bishops for covering up abuse. Would they agree with the change? Would they commend the Church's change in policy verses condemn it for taking so long? Is it all Satanic lies by the press that a change occurred or that priests abused children?

After discussing the Church's policy change, how would JWs view the WTBTS's "Two-Witness Rule" and not bringing reproach on Jehovah's Organization that is more likely to cover-up child sexual abuse than permit secular authorities to investigate it?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Like this:

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    My JW family would be drooling and dribbling with relish at the thought of such negative exposure for the Catholic Church. But!!! They would deny, deny, deny.......that there is any such problem within their religion. They would all rush to their tablets and bring jw.org up and prove they were spiritually clean by reading the orgs view of "other" religions and their failings. That is exactly what happens.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The JWs I know would say the sexual abuse doesn't really happen in the WBT$. Their minds have been conditioned to reject anything negative of their god, the governing body. Speaking of which, Lett recently rattled on about how abuse isn't tolerated in the WBT$........the JWs will believe him...he is their god.
  • Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

In informal settings individual Witnesses may bring up this news item and perhaps even say something positive about it. But in the more formal meetings it's likely they would all wait for the FDS to bring it up and then agree with how it is expressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit