Baltimore/DC

by cellomould 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• cellomould
    cellomould

Anyone who lives in the area feel free to respond or send e-mail.

I will be in the neighborhood for a research meeting on Sept 11. (Interestingly, I began my lab notebook two years ago on September 11. This will be one of my last research gigs before I file my thesis and graduate. Good thing I don't believe in luck, considering the events of last year.) Since it is at a military base, I figure I might as well link up with some apostates while I am there. You know, mix the bad with the bad.

I will probably be in town from Sept 10-12 or 13.

cellmould

• cellomould
    cellomould

okay let's try again...

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

hey cello,

If I still lived in Baltimore, I would definitely make plans to get together w/you.... but I moved three months ago. When I DID live there, I never was able to connect with any ex-dubs; don't know if many peeps live in that area who post. Bboynekko lives kinda near there.

Someone in Baltimore has recently joined the board, and will direct her attention to your post!

good luck with your research - and I would imagine it will be a little trippy around there on 9-11.... be safe!

lauralisa

• cellomould
    cellomould

Thanks for helping, lauralisa

• maxwell
    maxwell

I'm near DC but I'm in Northern Virginia, which I think is almost exactly opposite of Baltimore. I'm not sure what I'll be doing that time in September. I'm planning on starting a search for another apartment in early September, but I might be able to hook up. I'm car-free now, but I can reach anywhere that is metro/subway accessible or perhaps bus accessible. I think my email is in my profile. If not, I can email you.

• cellomould
    cellomould

maxwell,

I will no doubt be staying in DC. I have been to the east coast, but only Florida and Georgia; I really don't know the area. All I know is that everything seems to be closer together over there.

This weekend, I'll be driving up the California coast, perhaps to San Francisco/Oakland as well. That's a long haul.

cellmould

• clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Hi, Maxwell

Since you live No. VA. Do you know Mike Paisley? I think he's still an elder in Fall Church or Alexandria?

If you do cool How is he doing I hope all is well with them.

peace,

jr

• maxwell
    maxwell

clash,

The name sounds vaguely familiar, but I can't put a face conclusively with the name. So no I don't know him. I've been in the area over 2 and 1/2 years so if he's still an elder, I probably saw him give a visiting speaker talk or perhaps a circuit assembly talk. I was in South Arlington. We had visiting speakers from Falls Church, North Arlington, North Alexandria and South Alexandria.

Maxwell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit