I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION?

by tiondaj 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tiondaj
    tiondaj

FOR JW'S:

WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO DRESS UP TO GO TO SERVICE WHEN GOD IS ONLLLYYYY CONCERNED ABOUT YOUR HEART.

PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND JWS'

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I am an xjw but I think I can answer this. If you were to go to the President's home for a meal would you come dressed in shorts and a tank top or even jeans? No, you would most likely present yourself nicely and dressed nicely. Isn't the same neccessary when you go to you heavenly father's home for a spiritual meal?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

BTW, you know that this site consists primarily of XJW's right?

• Bang
    Bang

WHY IS IT SO IMPORTANT TO DRESS UP

It's a goodness camouflage - sheeps clothes.

bang

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Personally Im put off by slovenly attire and attitude. I think that when you "DRESS UP" it shows respect for the householder, their home, your message, for God inasmuch as you will speak of him or at least be expected to, and for yourself. I am at odds with a lot of things with the organization but not with this. I dont agree with people going to church in shorts, tee-shirts and jeans. Those things are fine after the services when you are home or visiting if that type of attire is considered acceptable by the community in which we live.

I think that the concept of "informal worship" is an oxymoron.

Edited by - Frenchy on 29 July 2002 22:38:16

• Bang
    Bang

There's that "worship" word again. For jws I think they use it in place of 'bow down' or 'show reverence' or generally some 'kiss ass' sort of meaning.

I'd love to go to church in shorts, bare foot, even dirty from doing stuff, as long as I didn't make a mess or smell. In fact, I do go in shorts, jeans, thongs, t-shirts, whatever I please, and so do most of the others - and I'm glad to say that it's not a kh or other such fundy affair as would shun me for it.

Personally, I'm put of by 'fine' clothes disguising people's true identity. It's difficult to see it all as down to earth (humble). Dressing "up" is exactly what it is. "he who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted"

bang

Edited by - Bang on 30 July 2002 2:25:7

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This is where business comes in to it . Of course, you can worship in any dress you like, but they believe that to be acceptable and appealing to people, one should look smart.

E.G If you want to work in a Bank , you dress like a banker, and accept the rules of the Company.

The trouble is that the suit and briefcase has become such a stereotype that they now stick out like a sore thumb

• SYN
    SYN

Simple. It's bad for the sales when your salesmen and women are not all toffed up and stuff. They've gotta watch that bottom line, you know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit