Rainbow covenant... a fairy tale?

by LyinEyes 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Yesterday evening , after a little rain storm there was the most beautiful rainbow in the sky. It reminded me of the promise that God gave that the earth would never be destroyed again by flood. So every times it rains , all over the world , you will usually see a rainbow. I was thinking ,it seems to me that if God can give a sign as the rainbow, why can't he give a sign about Jesus being our savior? Or some other sign that would remind us that we really do have salvation, not just a promise that the earth will not be flooded again. Seems to me , this would be a better miracle for God to do for us. It wouldnt be any harder for him to do. Actually I can make a rainbow , when I water the yard. So for the record, I personally do not think the rainbow is a miracle or even a scientific wonder provided by God at all. It has a scientific explanation. But why does the Bible say that this is a special message from God? Little things like this make me think that the Bible writers were dreamers and fairy tale writers. I really don't have alot ,if any faith in the Bible anymore.

• willy_think
    willy_think

LyinEyes,
    I here you, the way the WT teaches about the bible it couldn't be anything but false and harmful to someone trying to be a Christian.

Jesus didn't give us the bible he gave us redemption. you don't need the bible to be redeemed you need Jesus. scripture is good and useful for teaching, that is it, the end, that's folks. it is not the word of God, it's the divinely inspired writings of men.
    "the world wide flood" is not about something that happened one month a long time ago, it's teaching somthing else, forsing people to believe it's a diary of a historical event, the WT keeps it's people blind to what it is about.

Divinely inspired doesn't mean historically accurate it means influenced by God.
    The WT talks a lot about this thing they call "Truth" but to we humans truth is a subjective thing, skin deep and influenced by our perspective, it can't be otherwise. The bible is useful in teaching a divine truth, this I think is a very different thing.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Greetings...

1. There is no where in the Bible that I can see that says this particular rainbow was the first rainbow, as most assume.

2. Scientifically speaking, "rainbows" occur when water droplets and light meet at the correct angle, like the example you gave watering the yard.

3. That also means rainbows were around since the beginning, before the Great Flood, since there was rain and there was sunlight, the two components that create bows.

4. When I read this part of the Bible, it seems to me God is using something that was already in existence, as a symbol. And that from that particular point forward (the end of the flood), that a flood would never envelope the earth again, in symbol of the already existing rainbow.

5. Noah saw rainbows before the one at the end of the ark ride.

You know, the Jews saw all kinds of wonderful and amazing proofs that they were SAVED. Most of them ended up thumbing their noses at God . Same with Jesus. He did all sorts of cosmic powerful things and most didn't believe. That does mean something.

Also, I've come to find out that faith isn't had unless it is given to you.

Have a great night.

• Cath
    Cath

Hi Lyin',pomegranate, willy_think and any otheras reading this,

I had no faith in the bible and still don't so with that in mind here is a little something that may help you to work out what is fairytale and what is not.

It was advice given to me by one of the posters on this board and I am so glad they did as it confirmed a lot of what I was thinking.

Go to the Google search engine and type in bible+astrology+zodiac and settle down for a good read. It will show you why Russell and co did/do not want anyone reading anything that is not from them. One really good site to get your teeth into is on page six and it has esoteric as the first word of the heading.

It even mentions Jehovah in relation to mythology. GASP!!!!

Enjoy

Cath

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

By this logic, Jehovah also promises not to destroy the world by a huge glass prism.

WHEW! I was worried that it was going to rain glass prisms and crack my skull...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit