What incident can you recall of been screwed over by a dubbie. My experience.

by joe134cd 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    The one that I can recall, and although the dollar value wasn't high, it was the thought behind it that counted. A person who I thought was a good dubbie friend was a bit down on his luck. So I offered to take him out to lunch. Anyway he managed to rake up a $60 dollar bill, ordering top shelf, when I was expecting it to be far less.  Anyway a few days later I over heard him jokingly bragging about it to another friend how he managed to rack up this bill and leave me paying for it.  Boy I let him have it in front of everyone. I guess it's the old story of when you're got friends like this who needs enemies.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

In a few congregations  I was in  during the 70`s  and 80`s  , all in the same vicinity , their were a number of incidents where brothers brought allegations against other brothers for complaints such as breach of contract , fraud ,misrepresentations of goods / services provided .

And their was an elder who misused funds of the congregation for his own profit . That one was played down because he admitted it and payed back the monies in question .

all of these were handled in house , behind closed doors , by the elders and while not everybody was happy with the outcome , nobody said anything ," its  jehovah`s  organization ".

I bet they wish they would have complained loud and clear now

just saying

smiddy

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Lazy most of them, will take advantage of you if they can they expect it especially the ones with titles.. I have had ones steal from me etc.
  • stillin
    stillin

I was a regular at the Kingdom Hall work days. I have an extensive collection of tools because over the years I have purchased what I need and taken good care of my tools. 

I have never returned home at the end of a work day with every tool that I brought along. They were stolen.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I was 17 years old and gave $2000 to another member who was my age for his car and he stole $500 cash from my bedroom.  It took me a year bagging groceries and pushing carts to earn that money.  His car didn't work after the second day I bought it and he spent the money that was stolen.  His parents made an excuse that he was bi- polar and not his fault.  My non-witness father would've of got involved but the "elders" made sure I didn't push the issue.  Another "brother" in the congregation in his 40's at the time bought the car off me for $200 and resold it that week for $800.  He knew it was a minor carburetor issue.  He also knew the car was not worth $2000 and was there when I paid for it.  I was a naive teenager that was brain wash for more than a decade to trust members to be honest.  I had no real social skills and limited knowledge on market value of items.  I never tell this story to non-jw because they would just think I was an idiot, which I was.

In the end the teenager is now 37 and in jail for multiple home invasions.  The mechanic "brother" who ripped me off lost his hand while working on a car and is in his 60's with no retirement and a very low social security check.  I feel sorry for the later but nothing for the scoundrel former peer.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I was ripped off a number of times one way or another by JW's, I won't go into detail as I would be identified.

The one that gives me great satisfaction to look back on is when I was ripped off by a "brother"  who laughingly told me I could do nothing about it as, "we do not take each other to Court".

I got close up to him and said, right in his face,  "I do ! "

He promptly apologised and put the matter right. He also lost my respect from then on.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead
    You go, Phizzy!
  • Slave4_38y
    Slave4_38y

joe134cd, I believe the expression is "with friends like you, who needs enemas?" 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit