Looking at Geography with WTS

by ozziepost 3 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Did you know that Europe isn't all that important?

You didn't? Well, you may be surprised then to learn that the WTS is correcting the worldly view of the world in the its latest (2001) Yearbook.

Europe: "Though Europe has long been classified as a continent, in reality it juts to the west as a gigantic peninsular of Eurasia."(p56)

Islands of the Earth: "Though we have included the island continent of Australia here, the largest island is Greenland"(p61) {Gotta put it somewhere, I suppose!]

Ozzie (of the "where are we?" class)

• jelly
    jelly

Do you ever wonder how many empty crack vials are in the trash outside of the writing department.
    Jelly

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ozzie,

And there was silly me thinking that Oz was a continent! Dont feel too bad, I`ve just read in the Times how England is regarded by the rest of the world.

It says that the UK is a bolshy medium sized European country that constantly surprises other countries by declaring war on them or at the very least launching periodic air strikes at people who have encountered its disapproval.

Perhaps I should have a word with Tony Blair about Brooklyn....

Englishman.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

And of course, our reputation is now about to be completely redefined in light of the fact that we have inflicted post-B.S.E 'foot & mouth' onto continental Europe!

It's harmless though, PROMISE!! MOOOO

grunt grunt sniffle

Nic'

http://communities.msn.co.uk/altJehovahsWitnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit