Pioneers inviting to regional convention

by InquiryMan 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Interestingly, JWs in Norway actually do invite people to attend convention in Stockholm, even from the city of Bodø, some 1176 km away (driving distance 14 h 30 m away).

• Listener
    Listener
    It's not surprising, there are JWs all around the World.
  • InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I definitely know, having been one for 30 years, and also visiting numeral kingdom halls, branches in several countries. However, I am somewhat surprised in a way that they would expect a non-witness with no previous connection (on the most part) to go to an assembly 15 hours drive away... But, it is not the main reason I guess.

It is to keep the Jws busy as well as making them visible in their neighborhoods making known their activities and arrangements.

Also refreshing to see a picture of two pioneers that are not styled the way they are in the JW literature.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Yes! You are right..they jut have tokeep people busy.

Maybe dress code i a bit more liberal in northern Norway? :)

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I can't say I ever saw a pioneer with a biker leather jacket going in service! Interesting place Norway!
  • NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    Millions of JW go door to door daily knowing that most occupants are at work...but all that matters is that they are showing their obedience to Jah who blesses them regardless...the same goes for those who watch the publication trolleys without ever engaging any passer by. Just keeping busy in the most urgent work there is in these final days.
  • InquiryMan
    InquiryMan
    Things are somewhat more relaxed in northern Norway.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Would I go to impress the sis on the right?

Ummm, YES.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit