OneGenTwoGroups
    Clam's baked.
  • Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Clam's baked.

He's busy doing this frantically:

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

As my daddy used to say about the CHURCH OF CHRIST, “I don't know what they're for, but they're against everything!“

• Garrett
    Garrett

I must say, reading this post has been exhilarating and I only wish I had some popcorn with me.

I do want to hear more from the mollusc guy, though. Since he's left, the comedic value of the post has drastically declined :/

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

this is the kind of stuff in the Bible that gets ignored.....

• She lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. Ezekiel 23:20 NIV
    • You will be pledged to be married to a woman, but another will take her and rape her. You will build a house, but you will not live in it. You will plant a vineyard, but you will not even begin to enjoy its fruit. Your ox will be slaughtered before your eyes, but you will eat none of it. Your donkey will be forcibly taken from you and will not be returned. Your sheep will be given to your enemies, and no one will rescue them. . . . The Lord will afflict your knees and legs with painful boils that cannot be cured, spreading from the soles of your feet to the top of your head. Deuteronomy 28:30-31,35
  • steve2
    steve2

The "God" told through the scattered pages of the Bible resorted to sheer might to establish "Right" so we should be very careful because the mentality of the Old and New Testaments is alive and well in the scornful rebuttals of the reactive Clambakes of this world.

Enough commentary from this intellectual pea-shooter to mind read and dismiss non-believers and no meaningful engagement occurs over actually defending "Holy Scripture".

Meanwhile, whilst believers are constrained to believe "God" exists, they move unsteadily on to Stage 2: Which "God" is true(r)? and once the huffery and puffery of that is pronounced, move on to Stage 3: Who represents this True(r) one? A well worn groove is followed, driven more by the search for consolation than for fact-based discourse.

And on and on it goes, believers picking mostly cotton wool as they make their deluded way through manufactured stages that threaten to self-suffocate under the weight of ancient wizardry and superstition dressed up as "reasoned discourse".

Believers' responses often become the sharpest evidence against religious belief.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The only strange thing is that are not more Vivs.

The World would be a far better place if there were.

Great Thread folks !

• sir82
    sir82

Now there's a conversation stopper you won't find in the Reasoning book!

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    "If God hates fags than why are we so cute?" NYC: 2012 Gay Pride Parade Editorial Stock Photo google search photo pride parade
  • TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

INTELLECTUAL HONESTY is the willingness to be wrong when evidence goes against your most cherished beliefs.

The first question out of my mouth, when I'm about to debate somebody about religion is:

"Are you willing to be wrong--to change your mind--if the evidence goes against you?"

You'd think I just asked them to give up without a fight! 9 out of 10 times they say "No."

It's somehow--they can't quite articulate why--just not right to be willing to be wrong!

EVIDENCE, in their world, is beside the point!!

J-Dubs are genuinely unfamiliar with the necessity of EVIDENCE.

Why?

They accept everything on AUTHORITY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit