JW's "LEFT BEHIND" In Armageddon News

by proplog2 4 Replies latest jw friends

• proplog2
    proplog2

It's interesting to see a whole Time magazine devoted to End Time Hysteria without one reference to Jehovah's Witnesses. Without a "date" to look forward to JW's are just another religion. They have quit setting dates. This leaves them looking like just another fundamentalist religion. In marketing this is one of the worst sins. They have lost their USP - Unique Selling Proposition. The chorus of religions singing "soon...Soon...SOON" is getting louder and larger.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

And the lead singer is none other then PAUL and his lovely pink wife.

• alfie
    alfie

It becomes just a little tiring hearing this mantra. The one thing that attracted me to Jehovah's Witnesses a quarter of a century ago was this very shout of "Soon!!" Before that I thought Witnesses were nice people;a little strange but nice. After having been sorely disappointed AND losing my faith in God, I now see why I've no use for their organization any longer and I feel pity for those still being led along blindly. Truly I see them as just another religion.

what's it all about?

alfie

• proplog2
    proplog2

"Marked Years" were the main engine of growth for JW's. Russell would have never gotten out of the family business if he didn't think his chronology was correct. The ending of the "1914 Generation" anchor date was the last of these efforts. The passing of the millenium was a wake up. The reason so many Witness kids are going to college instead of pioneering is directly correlated with the lack of a target date.

• Mary
    Mary

Their "date-setting" is hopfully, gone with the wind..............history shows that most religions can only date-set 3 times before everyone looses faith in them. The JW is remarkable for one thing: they've date-set alot more than 3 times, and yet the majority of Witnesses still believes this is "the truth", lock stock and barrel.

Their date-setting is like dangling the carrot in front of the donkey.........the donkey will plod along for quite a while, thinking that the carrot is just out of reach and that if he perseveres, he'll eventually get it. However, sooner or later, the donkey gives up, realizing that the carrot will always be "just out of reach" and that he'll never get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit