***CHILD ABUSE_THE REAL TRUTH_PART1***

by zev 4 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• zev
    zev

Notice what the governing body has to say about child abuse in the church.

Awake! 1/8/94

Church InsuranceAgainstAbuseClaims

The Australian Catholic Church has taken out a multimillion dollar insurance policy to protect itself against claims of sexual abuse by priests, reports TheSundayTelegraph of Sydney, New South Wales. We admit it goes on, said a Catholic bishop in Melbourne, Australia. He asserts that such extensive insurance coverage is normal for that kind of offence. According to a support group for the victims, sexual abuse by the clergy is more widespread than the church admits. A spokesman for the group said he believes the churchs focus is more on protecting the clergy than helping the victims. He added that the message at the very core of the churchs documents is, dont tell the truth.

Awake! 1/22/89

Just over a year ago, newspapers across the country were flooded with reports of sexual assaults on children by Catholic priests. The following report from the San Jose, California, MercuryNews, December 30, 1987, is typical:

At a time of heightened national awareness of the problems of child abuse, the Catholic Church in the United States continues to ignore and cover up cases of priests who sexually molest children, according to court records, internal church documents, civil authorities and the victims themselves.

Indulge me a minute, and Ill substitute Jehovahs Witnesses, The Watchtower, The Governing Body, Elders, and other names synonymous with the church and see if you make the same connection I can.

zevs version

Awake! 1/8/94

According to a support group for the victims, sexual abuse by the Jehovahs Witnesses is more widespread than the Governing Body will admit. A spokesman for the group said he believes the Watchtowers focus is more on protecting the Religions NAME and reputation, rather than helping the victims. He added that the message at the very core of the Watchtowersletters to their body of elders is, dont get yourself in a jam.

Awake! 1/22/89

At a time of heightened national awareness of the problems of child abuse, the Jehovahs Witnesses in the United States and Europecontinues to ignore and cover up cases of their membership who sexually molest children, according to court records, internal WATCHTOWER documents, civil authorities and the victims themselves.

Maybe they should heed their very own words and listen to their own advise:

Awake! 4/8 6-7

Betrayed byThoseTheyTrusted

Betrayal of a childs trust can leave terrible scars. This is especially true when it is a parent, friend, or mentor who betrays the childs trust.

Question for you to think about.

With the recent court cases and possible monetary settlements in the works, could this be the reason for the many different name changes the WATCHTOWER is using legally and is constantly adding and changing the names of their various corporations? A sort of spreading the wealth, so as not to loose everything?

Food for thought.

Edited by - zev on 24 July 2002 21:10:58

Edited by - zev on 24 July 2002 21:12:25

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

A spokesman for the group said he believes the churchs focus is more on protecting the clergy than helping the victims. He added that the message at the very core of the churchs documents is, dont tell the truth.

*cleaning barf off my computer desk, said barf in reaction to knowing that I spent 10 years in a religious organization whose image-consciousness and collective ego makes the RCC seem humble*

I used to love all the RCC flaming the WT engaged in. I was so proud to be in a religion that was nothing like Catholicism LOLOLOLOLOL

Edited by - dantheman on 24 July 2002 21:26:23

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Zev brings up an idea I've been meaning to bring up. It's interesting to re-read some of the old Watchtower regarding the Pharisees in Jesus' day. Try inserting the words "elders" or "Governing Body" wherever the word "Pharisee" or "scribe" appears and notice how much it parallels what is happening right now. Maybe that's the real truth!

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Regarding their wealth and spreading it around, didn't Amazing bring up some information that said that it didn't matter?

Ignored One.

• scumrat
    scumrat

SEE THE NEW LIGHT WATCHTOWER?????

IT GETS BRIGHTER AND BRIGHTER

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit