a little photshop fun

by bakedcanuck 5 Replies latest jw friends

• bakedcanuck
  • peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

sick and wrong and oh so funny :P

• zenpunk
    zenpunk

Sad but true...though I don't think the pope can get up to too much these days....

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

gives a whole new meaning to "chosen"...

'Chosen' girl meets the pope
    World Youth Day an emotional experience

Charles Krupa/The Associated Press
    Georgia Rae Giddings, 10, of Baysville Ontario, sheds tears Tuesday after meeting Pope John Paul II on his arrival in Toronto. She said it was like being close to God.

Canadian Press
    July 24, 2002

TORONTO - Ten-year-old Georgia Rae Giddings counted herself among the chosen Tuesday when she came face to face with Pope John Paul II in an emotional high point of his arrival in Canada to celebrate World Youth Day.

Meeting the supreme symbol of Catholicism, whether it is planned or by luck, is considered a rare honor indeed.

The Italians call it "having an audience," and Georgia, who met the pontiff only minutes after he stepped off the plane in Toronto for a weeklong stay, said it was like being close to God.

The meeting sent tears streaming down the youngster's face.

Georgia is younger than many of the 200,000 pilgrims ages 16 to 35 who descended on the city for the international youth festival.

Christina Parsons, a Youth Day organizer, guessed that fewer than 100 people would meet the pope this week. The health of the 82-year-old pontiff will largely determine how many audiences he chooses to grant, Parsons said.

Launching an 11-day trip that promises to test his strength, the pope exhorted young Roman Catholics to help make a better world.

"With their gifts of intelligence and heart, they represent the future of the world," he said.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeah, it looks like they'll need to tie him to the chair soon, to keep him upright.

the pope exhorted young Roman Catholics to help make a better world

I like his message, though. What better message could he give? The wt solution of killing all nonjws is caveman barbarism by comparison.

SS

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

I like his message, though. What better message could he give? The wt solution of killing all nonjws is caveman barbarism by comparison.

i agree with you, in terms of the pope's message encompassing the whole world, whereas the jw's want to annihilate everyone else. it was just a variation on bakedcanuk's theme.

and when i read that article in this morning's paper i remembered this song by michael jackson, ironically enough. it's really very pretty. my son sang it once in a program at school when he was little, and when you hear and see a whole bunch of little kids singing a song like this, it really makes you understand what hope is...

Michael Jackson
    Dangerous (1992)
    Heal the World
    There's A Place In
    Your Heart
    And I Know That It Is Love
    And This Place Could
    Be Much
    Brighter Than Tomorrow
    And If You Really Try
    You'll Find There's No Need
    To Cry