WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION?

by minimus 5 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Insight V1..".CONGREGATION..."the christian congregation of god...."THOSE CHOSEN BY GOD TO BE MEMBERS OF THE CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION ARE ANOINTED WITH HOLY SPIRIT." ,,,,Can Jehovah's Witnesses rightly say , by their own publications, that they are THE CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES? ....ONLY the anointed are said to be of the Christian congregation........and we all know there's no "anointed" left.

• Amazing
    Amazing

All Christians are anointed ... it is just one among many features and characteristics of Christianity, made out to be something mystical and special by the Watchtower ... the Christian congregaton (eccelesia) is simply the collective expression of ALL Christians, whether they particiapte in a denomination or not ... Christians are those with faith in Jesus Christ, and not some self-proclaimed, and self-righteous organization.

• Legendary U.2.K.
    Legendary U.2.K.

Christianity in this time, is crooked... I'm going to expose them when i change the world this dec.... Christians believe in that trinity crap, Anybody who believe That The messiah is god, is a fool....And that's all i'm going to'say... future, that's what it is, all about the future...Legendary U2K at it's !!!!!FINE$T!!!!,.....

Edited by - Legendary U.2.K. on 23 July 2002 0:6:44

• Lieu
    Lieu

Apparently, two or three people gathered in Christs name....

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Amazing said: All Christians are anointed ... it is just one among many features and characteristics of Christianity, made out to be something mystical and special by the Watchtower ... the Christian congregation (ecclesia) is simply the collective expression of ALL Christians, whether they participate in a denomination or not ... Christians are those with faith in Jesus Christ, and not some self-proclaimed, and self-righteous organization.

Legendary U2K said: Christianity in this time is crooked.

Amazing is correct. Legendary U2K also makes a good point but the existence of such good and evil servants was anticipated. It even existed in the first century. Perhaps this is because so many choose to give up their personal relationship and responsibilities to Christ as disciples. They have come to depend upon organizations and others for their salvation. And of such organizations the WT has proven to the world that it is among the worst of them. Joseph

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It seems to me............

................ the term "Christian Congregation" has more to do with the Dubs than Christians. After all, the WTS has kinda appropriated the term for themselves.

But really, does the expression occur in the Bible? Isn't it more an expression devised by the WTS and whose origin is forgotten in the mists of time. It's another example of the WTS reflecting in its teachings the theology of salvation only in a corporate sense i.e. salvation only comes in association with the WTBTS. This is at variance with what the scriptures teach, namely an individual's personal relationship with Christ.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit