My witness Brother came to visit.

by mommy1 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• mommy1
    mommy1

My Witness Brother came to visit me today out of the blue. I hadn't seen him in awhile. We talked and then he mentioned something about Elders in his congregation wanting to call on me. I told him reasons why I don't want to go back. I feel sorry for my brother, he really believes in the witnesses and since he was raised in it , it's all he knows. He wants me to be in it because he loves me and that is what makes it so upsetting.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Mommy1,

Not only your brother loves you, so does Jehovah.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Fred give it up

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hey Mommy1,

Yeah I understand. We love our family and it is sad to see them being hurt, because they believe in Dub-doctrine. Somehow they just don't see the freedom and happiness we have when we're out. And when they do see it, they don't understand.

My mum is still a Dub, but (thank god) she still talks to me. However, she cannot believe it when I say that I have never been happier in my life, since I left. In her opinion, that is impossible, since there is no Jehovah-GB in my life anymore. If there was only a way to make them see....

Viv.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Mommy1,

I hate to say this, but I would be on guard if I were you. I smell trouble.

If you are inactive and wish to stay that way in order to be able to continue to have contact with your family, beware this intended elder visit.

Given the talks at this year's DC and the August 2000 KM article on how to treat DF'd relatives -- a hard line treatment is back "in" -- coupled with the change in response to the question re: shunning on the jw-media.org website, the elders may be planning to "tidy up" by finding out your true feelings about the organization.

Just a heads up (hoping I'm wrong, too),

out

• mommy1
    mommy1

Outnfree.

I saw the KM Aug on this site. It was like my heart sank when he mentioned the Elders wanting to check up on me. He said they had looked up my file . (I was disfellowshipped 19 years ago and they still have the dirt on me) The Elders told him I could be reinstated in as little as three months. I was disfellowshipped for fornication at 17. So I guess now they figure happily married with four kids I won't be out fornicating.

My JW dad has been also calling here and there. I am wondering if the elders are using my brother to get to me since my Dad I have been brushing off. I have many issues with my Dad. He has been talking and then ignoring me for years. It hurts but I am slowly just letting him go.

My brother on the other hand , is my little brother. I am 9 years older and I remember Mom being pregnant with him. He was a kid when I was going through my hell years with Dad so he doesn't really remember all the stuff that went on.

My Brother has had a hard time himself . He has been disfellowshipped before and has recently been reinstated and he married a pioneer. So now he's in good. It's seems the cong. he is in treats him good. they are his family he says. He doesn't really have a relationship with our Dad either he said. I really do believe my Brother loves me and he thinks he is saving me. I told him I loved him too and that why I stepped into that kingdom hall to go to his wedding the only reason for me to go to a kingdom hall ( his wedding or his funeral] that's it.

It's like a reverse shunning to me. I want my brother in my life, but I do not want him around trying to convert me. It's real upsetting to me , more than having my dad ignore and then talk to me. My brother has always talked to me and has never done anything to hurt me like our father has.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Yeah, well, I guess when I get past the manipulative control my JW sister and mother try to excercise, I really feel sorry for them to. I love them, and hate to see them throwing their lives away by being brainwashed by a cult. I want the best for them and my neices and nephews, who don't stand a chance of being sucessful because they are being brainwashed too, and cannot pursue college or other "worldly" interests.

Deep down, I think we do all love are families. It's just that some members have strange, controlling ways of expressing it. I too would be wary (as someone else suggested).

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Oh, btw mommy1, I responded before I read your last post. I think you and I are in similar situations: I have a sister whose a JW, and a mother. I feel more sorry for my sister. She just spoke with me yesterday and basically, she went round in circles about lots of things, she's basically brainwashed. I don't hold her as responsible as my mom, who's really over the top, and I believe really influencing my sister to shun or emotionally manipulate me. I too feel closer to my sister than my mom: in a way, I feel sorry for her. But she's chosen her life, and I've chosen mine. I feel that I had the strength to leave, she's stayed in and tried to follow the rules. But she cannot have it both ways: she cannot claim to "love" her sister but try to shun/manipulate me as well.

Just wanted to explain a bit more....

• mommy1
    mommy1

Well my JW brother came by for another visit. He said he was angry at his new wife because she doesn't want him coming to visit me. I didn't say anything bad about her but inside I was thinking keep it up pioneer wifey and your new hubby won't be a dubby.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit