Anointed remnant replacement : a great puzzle!

by MacHislopp 1 Replies latest jw friends

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Now look at the statement made by the mate Frederick Franz in 1970:

*** w99 2/1 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels ***
    [Box on page 19]
    “No More Additions!”

At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. “No, no more additions!” he said. “That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away.”

So according to this statement,:

First - a graduate from Gileead School, could baptize (after 1970)
    someone who later would claim to be of the anointed remnant;

Second - no more addition to the remnant. Call ended in 1931-1935;

This in my opinion really creates a contraddiction, a really headache if
    I take in consideration this previous comment:

A:

*** w91 3/15 22 Who Really Have a Heavenly Calling? ***

But what if an anointed Christian proved unfaithful and a replacement was needed? Then it would be reasonable to conclude that God would give the heavenly calling to someone who had been exemplary in rendering faithful service to our heavenly Father for very many years.
    But what if an anointed Christian proved unfaithful and a replacement was needed? Then it would be reasonable to conclude that God would give the heavenly calling to someone who had been exemplary in rendering faithful service to our heavenly Father for very many years.

B: The fact - as I showed in my other post - that since 1946
    A total of 6,884 have claimed to be of the anointed remnant
    And as such have been counted among the Memorial
    partekers.

Any comments? Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

• somebody
    somebody

Very interesting facts! I'm calculating right now...just letting you know that this subject isn't ignored. I'll post my thoughts tomorrow night on this.

thank you , MacHislopp.

somebody

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit