Panorama video, Please help if you can

by freeman 7 Replies latest jw friends

• freeman
    freeman

Hello fellow posters:

I am working on a project with a small group of people to educate the Brothers and Sisters in the United States about the inner workings of our beloved organization and how our organization is caring for the little kiddies.

Would you like to help with this education work? As head of this project I find myself in desperate need of a non- streaming copy of the Panorama program. The streaming copy available on the net is of too poor a quality for use in this project.

So far Jehovah has blessed our little audio/video project with the acquisition of a DVD burner, CD Burner, Video Burning and Authoring software, much Ram and Hard disc space and some funding for blank DVDs, CDs, and VHS tapes. The only thing missing is the source program itself.

If you could help, we would of course be willing to pay any reasonable costs for this provision since it may involve burning the video files to a blank CD and of course the cost of shipping If the files are available for downloading, that would be even better. Please post to this thread if you think you could help out.

Thank you.

Freeman

• Francois
    Francois

What are you wanting to produce as an end result? I thought the Panorama quality was OK. Perhaps what you need is a projection TV. If you wanna distribute this program on CD, you gotta go for the lowest common denominator.

f

• freeman
    freeman

Hi Francois,

What I am looking for is near VHS quality video. Many of the people that will be seeing this program for the very first time dont even have a computer, wont use a computer, and have been told to stay away from computers and the Internet in general. For those persons, I must have video that they can watch on a TV screen. Unfortunately, the low resolution streaming video is unsuitable for this purpose.

Freeman

• silentlambs
  • Focus
    Focus

Dear Bill, Freeman et al

I will very soon have "enhanced" (digitally cleaned, more interpolation frames) versions of the Dateline and Panorama programmes. However, the quality equates to about 120 lines, half of optimal VHS's 240 lines. I already have them in non-streaming format.

I have properly proof-read transcripts of the Panorama programme (the version on the BBC site has many errors) and the Panorama forum discussion (no version on the web). I am working on the transcript of the Dateline programme.

I am happy to arrange to make all these available...

--
    Focus
    (The step from an Informed jW to an ex-jW is a small one! Class)

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

The Dateline transcript is already here....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=29734&site=3

do you do everything the hard way sweetie?

• Focus
    Focus

Thanks, dungbeetle!

I had hardly done any of the Dateline stuff; the Panorama Forum discussion is unintelligible in a few places and I was busy getting second opinions...

Here is the corrected transcript of the Panorama programme:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=32300&site=3

--
    Focus
    (The Hard Way To Eternal Strife Class)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It might be worth asking the producers of Panorama if they would be willing to give you a broadcast quality copy for educational purposes. Who knows? They might not have a problem with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit