The incredibly white NAACP leader

by Simon 81 Replies latest social current

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I doubt there is a crime here. I find it interesting. There seems to be some kind of backstory going on that no one can figure out.

Acting as if you're a member of another race is common. But showing pictures of people who are obviously of another race and claiming them as your own to bolster your racial identity is deceptive. It's flat out lying about who you are. Not illegal, but something weird is going on there. If I had a friend who showed me fake pictures of a father and a son who I found out were not really hers, I'd drop her like a hot potato because of her dishonesty both because it's simply unethical and also because it seems mentally ill.

• Simon
    Simon
    I doubt there is a crime here.

It all depends. If she got a university place or a job on the basis of being black then surely she's committed fraud?

At the very least she's dishonest and that will now detract from any message she's attempting to put out about black hair or other vital matters,

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I can say I am a male tomcat, but it doesn't mean everyone should offer me catnip and provide kitty litter!

Bruce can call himself whatever he wants to. So can this woman. Reality may bite for them, but no one else is obligated to play into their headgames.

I lost nearly 200 lbs. I still feel fat, but as I don't wear a catsuit, no one is supporting my body dismorphia.

All the same, she's got a great stylist. I love her hair.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

LisaRose: "I don't get what the fuss is about". Yes it's no big deal, but the woman

have issues. I'm sure she have other family members beside her mom and dad,

what will they think.It's one thing to be a bit deceptive, more like over the top deceptive. LOL

I have known folks who identify with another race, but you know their ethnics.

In the ninth grade a friend who I had known from grade school one day came to

school and told every one his name is Harry Bob, you can call me Harry from this day forward.

His name was Larry Frank, the boy had issues. He was taken away after that, and his father

was a preacher.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think her ex and kids are black. My mom babysIt for a lady who dyed her hair red after she adopted her red haired son. She was an anchor on a local channel 30 years ago and has been in state Senate or congress.

Maybe it started out as innocently as identifying with her kids and got out of control at some point.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Yeah, I wonder. You can't be given a job or denied a job based on your race. But, yet companies track the race of their employees in order to prove to the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission that they are not discrimnatory. So, her employer knows her racial makeup (she claimed black, white and native) but cannot hire her nor fire her for strictly racial reasons.

But, they might be able to fire her for lying on her application

• Simon
    Simon
    You can't be given a job or denied a job based on your race.

Can't you?

companies track the race of their employees in order to prove to the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission that they are not discrimnatory

There's a thing called 'positive discrimination'. It's still discrimination but deemed Ok.

The NAACP of course give the story that it's Ok for her to be white. I wonder how many other leaders they have that are white (or employees overall?). Every spokesperson I've ever seen has been black.

There are lots of other grants and programmes that you may qualify for based on race (esp. native american).

I don't think the complete story has yet been told.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    In some circles ( Native American for instance) the person can claim to be part of the identity if they are as little as 1/16 of that ethnicity.
    Her small American Indian heritage is not being disputed. What is being debated is she is lying about being part of other ethnic groups that she is 0% a part of.

Have you seen her rants about white people?

Where is the crime here?

She lied on a government document, for starters. More importantly, her deceit has hurt the people and the causes she claims to be supporting. She deserves ridicule.

She could have said, "I have black siblings and children. I studied these issues because I'm interested in them," and then continued to pursue the same jobs and volunteer positions. It would have actually been interesting--maybe even unusual/refreshing--to have someone with her perspective be an outspoken advocate. It would have helped racial harmony, I think. Instead she harmed all of that by lying.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

There is a lot more to the story than has been posted in this thread.

She made up a story about receiving a threatening package due to her race, and claims she's had other threats due to her being black.

She had a photo taken with 2 black men and lied about them being her dad and brother, even after being confronted.

etc.

• talesin
    talesin

LisaRose - I concur!

It would be awesome to know all the lies told by the (white) CEOs of the Fortune 500 list.

Or even the "biggest" lies ........

Lies and deceit are admired in Corporate America -- that is how one gets ahead.

This woman's problem? SHE GOT CAUGHT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit