My experience of christians and religion

by Doltologist 78 Replies latest jw experiences

• done4good
    done4good

Cappy-

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I get that Asperger's can mean that a person communicates differently, but if half of what Doltologist states concerning himself is true, I don't believe he has severe issues with communication.

If anyone has read any of my posts, (including in this very thread), I made it perfectly clear that I am not a believer of any kind. I was not only misrepresented, but called out and called names by this poster. How is that acceptable?

This is worse than a honey and vinegar scenario. In my 9+ years on this forum, this is a first. Frankly, I am surprised the mods allowed it to continue as long as it has.

d4g

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    I get why you're pissed d.
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    Several of his threads were interesting topics and he made some very good points. I also liked a few of the video references he posted. Most of his comments are made in his threads or threads concerning Atheism and Christianity. I don't find him to be that over the top, a little full of himself but I suppose that is part of being socially awkward.
  • talesin
    talesin
    I can understand that people enjoy ridiculing something they dislike, but when it's persistent it looks like a juvenile high-five each time. A "look at me, I'm being abusive, aren't I clever, and you can't stop me" kind of thing.
    *high-fives Splash*
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'll admit to not having read all of this thread. I read a page or two, which is more than I usually read from the Dolt. I was once talking with someone and they told me that I needed to change from an attitude of "this needs to be said" to one of "this needs to be received". Dolt, if you actually want to reach anyone, drop the Christards and religtards or whatever sophomoric names you want to call people that are different from you. If you just want to talk to people that think just like you, then you don't need to take anyone else into consideration and you can keep beating your drum for only those that can hear it to hear. You'll never change anyone or anything because you'll shut people down before they ever give you a chance. I see you as a smart guy, and I read this one post of yours because I wanted to know your story. Thanks for sharing it. I can see that you've been hurt by religion. I see why you hate it so much. Of course, you choose to only focus on the hurt that religion has perpetrated on the human race, but there is also much good done in the name of religion. I know you don't want to hear that, but it is true, and you're certainly intelligent enough to be able to grasp both sides and find some balance.

Do you want to say what you want to say and leave it at that? Or, do you want to be heard by people and actually make some sort of difference? If you don't want to speak to people that are different in a way in which they can hear, you're not accomplishing anything, which certainly doesn't seem very logical. Why waste your time?

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    there's a difference between a newbie spewing hatred against religion and an old timer on this site still spewing hatred. I say go easy on him. same goes for newbies talking about their new found faith after exiting JWs...
  • Doltologist
    Doltologist

Of all of the creatures on this Earth, Man is the only one that seeks understanding of his environment. Before science came along to explain our environment, man invented gods and attributed the natural phenomena in our environment to them. Although gods were not responsible, it was an 'intelligent' thing to do at the time and, it addressed the unresolved issues that Man had with his environment.

Science then came along and Man should have disposed of the gods since they were no more than a stop-gap, a temporary solution if you will. They weren't real. They were merely used by Man to explain what science would, when it eventually arrived.

Science started to arrive. Belief in gods should have gradually subsided and eventually disappeared. That didn't happen. It persisted. It held back science. It became rich and powerful. It murdered, raped, pillaged, enslaved and tortured. It also lied and cheated in that it pretended to be about peace, love, forgiveness and understanding. It created and instilled in Man a fear of death and then sold Man a solution.

It is an abomination and represents what will undoubtedly be seen in the future as man's darkest hour, assuming that Man survives of course. Belief in supernatural beings is illogical and superstitious nonsense.

My interaction with religion has not been a pleasant one so far. However, I have a policy, leave me alone and I'll leave you alone.

A few weeks ago, two jovies came a calling. I made the mistake of talking to them instead of calling the dogs and letting them have some sport (the dogs that is, not the jovies). I've read my previous posts and there is an omission though quite why I don't know. Since the initial visit, one of the jovies has returned 4 times and, on each occasion, with a different accomplice. WTF? They gave me literature to read, which I read and gave me facts by the score. It all turned out to be 100% BS.

The only thing I knew about jovies was the blood transfusion nonsense so I decided to read. The more I read, the more inflamed I got. How anyone can believe their particular brand of BS is beyond me. What kind of people believes it? What do some people have for brains, shit?

So, I went onto the internet and found this site.

My feeling is that the UK especially went PC stupid. It became all bloody "inclusive", supposedly. I ask you this, is the UK any more inclusive now that it was? All the top jobs still go to children who went to the 'right' schools and the 'right' universities. No, I don't have a chip on my shoulder. I was a kid who went to one of the 'right' universities. The UK has become a nation that is afraid to speak its mind lest someone gets "offended" and we would want anyone to get "offended", would we? Hell, we are now at the stage where people get offended on behalf of others. Well, there's a down-side to all of this PC nonsense. We no longer effectively communicate with each other for fear of giving offence. Consequently, organisations like jovie world continue to exist, and even advance, because no one has a pair of cahunas large enough to tell jovie where he can stick his religin. We are all so afraid of giving offence. Well, I grew up at a time when we called a spade a shovel.

Unless and until people speak out against religin and the jovies in particular, they will continue to exist and, while they exist, they are able to grow and spread their bloody evil.

It's been a real pleasure to talk with some of you guys, it really has. Some, though, are just a set of hapless fools who need to grow a set of cahunas. I can see why some of you were landed, hook, line and sinker by the jovies and then exploited. Talk about gullible or what. You may not like to hear that, but, sure as hell (figure of speech only) you need to.

You guys are so PC it's untrue. Jovie world isn't. Jovie world is outspoken, is it not? Jovie world exists because people like you let it.

Yes, I've read the posts on here where PC is the way and the norm. I've read posts where people take years to 'fade'. Some of you will be dead by the time you leave jovie world. FFS people, grow a pair. Walk into king dumb hall, take out a copy of the babble, piss all over it and walk out with your heads held high. The ass holes will soon get the message. By the way, this is on my bucket list.

OK, I may seem a tad extreme. Am I? Killing 100 - 200 million of us was a tad extreme.

Besides guys, what have you people ever achieved through all of your extremely PC activity? Be honest. Maybe, just maybe, some of my words hit the target.

A tolerant society is one thing but does that mean we should tolerate paedophiles and con men who extort money from the vulnerable and keep them prisoners through blackmail (shunning)? To tolerate religin and especially cult religins like the jovies is just plain dumb. It means that we also have to tolerate paedophiles and con men who extort money from the vulnerable and keep them prisoners through blackmail (shunning).

When all is said and done, as far as this forum is concerned, there's a lot more said than done. For my part, I've decided that if jovie comes a calling again, both dogs will be let off the leash and we'll see how fast they can run (the jovies that is, not the dogs. I already know how fast they are).

Anyways, I really am off now. I have said my bit. I have to admit, nice people though some of you are, I find you too PC and, quite frankly, ineffectual.

I'll just leave you with this thought. There's a few people on this forum who think that a tolerant society is a good and better society and they have written as much. Germany tolerated Hitler.

• cofty
    cofty

You are like a version of Pat Condell that somebody bought at the Pound Shop.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

dolto, some have done what you suggest below and have then gone back some years later. How do you explain that.

Walk into king dumb hall, take out a copy of the babble, piss all over it and walk out with your head held high. The ass holes will soon get the message. By the way, this is on my bucket list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit