This Summer's Convention Program

by comforter 9 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

Comforter has heard previews of the convention and now he has finally gone and found the critics to be wrong. The convention program was great. It was upbuilding, encouraging and absolutely splendid. The new releases are right on and the talks were food at the right time. I guess it is all a matter of perspective. Negativity breeds negativity. Less tv, internet and junk reading, they reminded the audience. Who can't benefit from that?

Comfort

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You're just a stupid, stupid man.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I bet it was great for you, Comforter. But remember, the Nazis felt Krystal Nacht was just as grand.

Lew W

• Dutchie
    Dutchie
    ........ Less tv, internet .............

And yet, Sir, you are here.

• minimus
    minimus

food at the right time.....you so funny!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Comforter (who is never in the "first person") spewed forth:

The convention program was great. It was upbuilding, encouraging and absolutely splendid. .... I guess it is all a matter of perspective.
    From the looks of the attendees shown on Dateline NBC (at a typical convention), it looked like the program WAS great -- for catching up on your snoozing. If the perspective included studying the inside of your eyeballs, then indeed he program was beneficial and healthful.

Ahhhh....half-baked, warmed over food -- when's the right time for that kind of stuff? "The end is drawing near" zzzzzzzz.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Comforter:

You have not been to many assemblies in the past years, have you?

This recent convention was the same old jargon on a different day, different experiences, and different people.

I should know. I have been going to the conventions since I was a baby and I am now 45 years old.

Ronin1

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Comforter

WAKE UP MAN!!

the session is over! Time to stop dreaming about what might have been and go home.

I was there yestarday after a 17 year break and I heard absolutely nothing new or exciting. Sort of time warp in the Borg. hmm that almost seesm like the way it should be - time warped Borg.

And that new book. Who are you kidding - what a piece of kindergarten crap. Yup they said it was simpler (like could ANY borg book get any simpler) and more pictures for those who can't read at the kindergarten level

It boggles the mind that you could feel satisfied on this starvation diet

Edited by - Lady Lee on 20 July 2002 22:54:38

• Xandria
    Xandria

I guess the assemblies are just as bum numbing as they are mind numbing. Nothing has changed. Different speaker same topic... the EARTH is going to be destroyed and you are ALLL goonne to die.. MUUAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Witnesses RULE! meow.

Give me a break. ONLY Jehovah, God, who ever you want to call him will know the hour and time. Until then let us alone ! To live our lives in peace.

Xandria

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm baaaack

Cover of the new "spiritual food" BTW it is a paperback

and just so you don't forget what a rich spiritual banquet you are missing - the first page of the foirst chapter

Now don't you feel satisfied with that appetizer. Aren't you just so very anxious to rush off to your local DC

Will somebody please pass the Bromo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit