New information dealing w/ Bi-polar

by Xandria 4 Replies latest social relationships

• Xandria
    Xandria

Interesting... wonder if the JW's thing anything of this. ?

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

I have several JW cousins that are Bi-polar. Plus one cousin who isn't JW that is Bi-polar.

My JW cousins were allowed to languish for years being told to "go to more meetings "pray it away", "leave it to Jehovah", until finally their behavior became so bizarre that hospitalization became necessary. Especially one cousin in particular. Lots of suicide attempts. Yes, she takes Lithium. NOW. But it wasn't for years after the onset of her illness. She can't hold a fulltime job. It's just too stressful.

My other Non-JW cousin was diagnosed while in college. She immediately got treatment. She is currently not taking any meds, but does get regular therapy and is closely monitered. She graduated college and is supporting herself. She's happy.

The contrast is in the two reactions by the families. I often wonder if my one JW cousin, described above, would not be battling so hard with her illness had she gotten help years earlier.

Andee

• ugg
    ugg

this is so typical......gag......blind faith....how awful.....

• Xandria
    Xandria

Yea too many labels .. and not enough dealign with the issue and getting the help people need. But I have seen so many people within the org. w/ mental disorders. Wonder if it lunacy brought on by too much study on destruction ?

Xandria

• Carmel
    Carmel

Dam Garbage,

The adjective in your name sure is an understatement! I think I'm getting "MONO-POLAR"

the caveman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit