Problems with Common Atheist Arguments

by FusionTheism 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Viviane
    Viviane
    I only have a problem with the idea that only Christians have the faults ascribed to them.

Well, that's your idea so ... I dunno, stop having it.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

In regard to the illustration above: Looking to the past we could find a myriad of tortures inflicted on the innocent. Was crucifixion a "religious" punishment in Rome or a secular one?

Men torture. They torture because they can and they can because they have the power to do so. At times that power is supplied by their religion at other times by their secular authority.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Viviane: Well, that's your idea so ... I dunno, stop having it.

LOL, and this from a woman who espouses freedom of conscience and speech.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    LOL, and this from a woman who espouses freedom of conscience and speech.

In what way are you imagining that me suggesting that you stopping having an idea that you have a problem with is in any way related to freedom of speech or conscience?

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Speaking of torture HMTM...

The bible is like a prisoner... the more you torture it, its going to tell you what you want to hear.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

In what way are you imagining that me suggesting that you stopping having an idea that you have a problem with is in any way related to freedom of speech or conscience?

Touche!

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    Looking to the past we could find a myriad of tortures inflicted on the innocent. Was crucifixion a "religious" punishment in Rome or a secular one?

All this really shows is the accuracy of saying that modern religion is an ancient morality. Back when these things were being done religion wasn't always the cause, but it always supported it and sometimes encouraged it.

today it still encourages it, and directly causes huge amounts of suffering. And it is always certain to be somehow involved.

Meanwhile, secularists are the only voice of reason that you hear.

Religion kept people in darkness and ignorance while it reigned. It's ONLY SINCE ITS FALL that society has thought, "hey, some of these things are bad" and "people might have rights".

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Touche!

Derp.

• Hold Me-Thrill Me
    Hold Me-Thrill Me

Viviane. you used a term I'm not familiar with, Derp. Could you explain what you meant by that?

Thanks, Frank

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane. you used a term I'm not familiar with, Derp. Could you explain what you meant by that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit