Being shunned only increases my certainty that the WBT$ is a cult

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I have been shunned for over 28 years, it didn't work you idiots.

• HeyThere
    HeyThere

Punk, from what I know of you here, you are an awesome and creative person who loves others and you just seem like good people . I am sorry for what you experiencing. Sending hugs and positive thoughts and love your way. 👍

It really is sick what they do to people.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I'm sorry to hear this punk of nice. It's a bit like a revolving record, and it also demonstrates how the systems they have in place for creating spiritual purity and bringing back the prodigal son are sadly lacking.

For example only 1/3 of those disfellowshipped will return. So this idea that shunning makes one want to haul his sorry arse back to the Hall just isn't true when 66% never return. Well it certainly a system that Is failing.

I think if anything shunning actually has the opposite effect. It antagonize aggravates and makes a person even more resolute that they will never return. They take their frustrations out on the internet, and Wt ends up battling them there. In turn this creates further problems with R&F members along with people they are trying to draw in, when they view this on line. This then creates an imbalance of membership in countries that have access to the internet, which are usually wealthy. Which in turn creates financial problems and sell offs. Just for the record to do another turn and it starts all over again .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Tal - Thanks indigo gal. Yes. the WBT$ employs emotional blackmail. what sort of organisation employs blackmail? As flipper said...A CRIMINAL ONE.

WBT$ is a CRIMINAL cult.

Hey there - I do my best and wuld never treat people the way the WBT$ commands. So thank you. I do my best in life but get trodden on. Perhaps I'm too soft!?

Joe134cd - I thankee. I am hoping the WBT$ is on a downward spiral to destruction...I doubt it though. They seem to weedle their way out of all sorts...maybe even the Conti case. I hope not. I hope they get totally rinsed...but then you never know who they've got in their pocket high up. I still think the 'old pals act' works despite a robust justice system.

• steve2
    steve2

Talesin, you have a way with words that truly resonates with me - wisdom borne of painful experienes and the capacity to grasp what it is like for others from different backgrounds.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I am sorry you are experiencing this shunning from family members punk ,who would`nt be hurt by that , and while the W.T./J.W. religion are the instigator`s of this policy , it is your own family members that are acting out these policies ,so they must take the blame also .they do not have to abide by the G.B.decision .

They do not have to be held ransom by the Governing Body if they do not choose to do so.

It`s alright to condemn the W. T / .,however our family members can be just as guilty for shunning.

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

steve2 - Yes. Tal is a kindly soul

Smiddy - this is true. Wasn't it in Spider-man where someone said, "our choices define who we are."

• bemused
    bemused

Sorry to hear that Punk.

You say that the party was also for non-JW relatives. Do they know that you were deliberately excluded? If not, you might want to point that out to them. I'm a never-in and I would think twice about attending the party if someone was excluded just for no longer believing in a religious doctrine.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    bemused26 minutes agoSorry to hear that Punk.
    You say that the party was also for non-JW relatives. Do they know that you were deliberately excluded? If not, you might want to point that out to them. I'm a never-in and I would think twice about attending the party if someone was excluded just for no longer believing in a religious doctrine.

Thanks bemoooooooozed - Yes, they are family so know why I was excluded...they think it is stupid but hey ho. Hopefully, they will stay well clear of Watchtower corporation and it's snare.

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Punkofnice

Why shouldn't you rant? If we didn't rant occasionally, we'd go mad.

I'm sorry to hear your tale. It's such a pity that an entity that preaches love, understanding and peace would act in this manner. IMHO, it's below the salt.

That said, did you really need convincing that jw's are a cult?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit