Being shunned only increases my certainty that the WBT$ is a cult

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jook - Some people fit right into the JW mould. Sounds like she'd make a good GB member.

Torn - Yes. When you're a JW, those things really....er....er....make you wait on Jehovah(tm). The attitude of many JWs is sickening.

Grreat teacher - Bingo. Yes. I get that too.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This appearing cult mind set was actually in existence back 70 years ago in that J Rutherford would intensionally alienate and dispose of people who represented any form of dissonance or dissension toward his leadership, doctrinal or otherwise.

Prior to Rutherford taking over the WTS,, C Russell was bit more lenient to opposition, he rather just avoid the opposition and move on. As the WTS grew in size though it was most likely perceived that any inside opposing expressions against the set directives established by the WTS's leaders were to be quickly dealt with, pointed out as demonic and against God's holy spirit if you will.

When its realized that the leaders of the WTS's were aware that the core doctrines (1914) were devised on misleading information, this further added the necessity to have strong enforcement to watch carefully what its adhered to members were saying and doing. There was a devised marketing strategy created by the WTS to support the proliferation of its published goods.

To use an analogy, a sales manger looking over the lower sales employees for a company marketing specific goods to the public. They are watched carefully toward their loyalty as well their dress, talk/speech and behavior into supporting the company of which they represent.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Finkelstein - Indeed the scare tactics have cascaded down the years in this cult. About time they stopped. I think they've gone too far to end it now.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One the most disturbing aspect of religions like the WTS/JWS is that they can and does get away with it, simply by standing next to the US Constitution of religious freedom and self expression.

Think about this for a second, what institution or organization that expressively encouraged the suicide of individuals by not accepting a life saving blood transfusion, organ transplant , vaccination and get away with it without out any penalization or liability ?

Answer = Religion

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    finkel - the only thing they ever got right was that religion is a snare and a racket
  • steve2
    steve2

This appearing cult mind set was actually in existence back 70 years ago in that J Rutherford would intensionally alienate and dispose of people who represented any form of dissonance or dissension toward his leadership, doctrinal or otherwise.

Well observed Finkelstein. If any leader needed to clamp down on doubt and misgivings it was Rutherford - and since then, shunning has served as a convenient and effective method for keeping the "troops" in line. Without this cruel practice, the emperor would have been called out as naked several decades ago.

Of course, shunning is little more than a blunt form of emotional blackmail - and yes, it works! But that is no commendation because many, many routinely cruel practices work - look at North Korea and some Middle Eastern countries for graphic examples of cruely writ large. Boy, their punitive practices work so well!!

Punkofnice I so get your reaction - but it is so afirming that, with the pasing of time, the pain is less intense - and there is a remarkable core resilience within us that shows us we can not only get on with our lives without our JW family - but also thrive. What self-respecting person wants to be in the company of people who cannot be kind and respectful?

Be that as it may, I do feel for you at this time.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    steve2 - What self-respecting person wants to be in the company of people who cannot be kind and respectful?
    Be that as it may, I do feel for you at this time

Thanks friend. Yes. It's their loss.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

" Be that as it may, I do feel for you at this time."

I do too, it hurts, and mainly because it is so very unjust, we have done nothing at all to deserve such inhuman treatment.

I have posted before my Therapist's comment when I explained the shunning to her, she perceptively said; " If that is how they act, then I would challenge their right to call themselves Christian".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Phuzzy - " If that is how they act, then I would challenge their right to call themselves Christian".

Never a truer word spoken.

Yes. It does hurt because it's unjust. I wouldn't treat them like that...ever.

• flipper
    flipper
    PUNK- I feel you bro. I was shunned for 7 years or more from my oldest JW daughter- until recently she got back in touch with me due to her pregnancy. But we'll see what happens. I have other JW siblings who shun me even though I'm not DFed. It's a criminal organization causing people to do criminal and barbaric and inhumane things. We love ya Punky, always remember. Music's a healer too- but you know that already. Play on bro

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit