Being shunned only increases my certainty that the WBT$ is a cult

by punkofnice 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Hey Punkofnice, sorry for your angst and pain!

Because we have accelerated our fade since moving to our new congregation many months ago, (all family/friends totally unaware) at least 90% of the cong effectively shun us when we walk into the hall. (once or twice per month!)

No attempts to "shepherd" us, and not a single invite for a meal at someone's home. Long may it continue!!!

We know exactly why it's like this, but it still plays games with our minds as normal human beings - because the stark truth is that none of our J.W. family or friends are truly normal people - as long as they are pro-active within this evil corporation.

I am well aware that some people feel that just walking into a K.H. is giving tacit approval of the Org. Wrong. If I listen to BBC News, it doesn't signify my approval/agreement with their journalistic slant on things. I can reason for myself. Visiting an "indoctrination clinic" once or twice per month - and absolutely nothing more - is a small price to pay to hold onto our families, and hopefully one day, get the opportunity to share TTATT with them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

el Searcher - You gotta do what you gotta do. I in no way judge you for going to meetings(tm) for the sake of your loved ones. In fact I'd say it's a very loving sacrifice you're willing to make.

It just hurts, doesn't it?!

Everything in life has a price. No such thing as a free lunch.

I am suffering for my choice to say 'no more' to fascist paedophile lovers AKA Governing Body of Jehovah's witnesses.

• clarity
    clarity
    Agree with you 100% ...........shunning is so damaging & completely RUDE! All it does is repulse me & show me what "loving" family are capable of. I will never trust them again! I might add that I am not da or df;d .
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

the egg salad is always better at "worldly " parties

the beer is better at "worldy" parties also

I'm for damn sure that the conversation is better at "worldly" parties

Doc

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    it reminds me when my snotty nosed sister had a house warming party for her lovely new house many years ago, I wasn't even DA'ed then except she organized 2 parties for this event , the first party comprised of uber , trendy , beautiful , carefully selected JW's , the secondary party consisted of the non jw family members and general "riff raff" and me! and others low down on her social food chain, naturally I told her where to stick her party
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Clarity - Thanks. What gets me is how the WBT$ spokesmen will say that shunning either doesn't happen or is a personal choice. Every JW knows that to speak to a DF DA person will likely get them DF'd....that's not really a personal choice.

DoC - I thought it was the brownies that were better at worldly(tm) parties too.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It's one if not their biggest cult move.

and it's ironic. In my case it went this way "you are acting like a cult..."

"Whhhhhhaaatt!!!! How dare you insult my god and leader (gb) I will now mistreat and shun you!!" F $&%ing twisted.

Even in the convention interview where the parents are depressingly gloating over their shunning. (Again twisted on all levels) they out right say what brought the person back was missing their family. Not that they realized it was the truth. Etc

I often relate this to the inquisition. And torturing someone until they profess whatever the church leaders wanted to hear. How does that make them a true convert?

Stupid cult.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    freemind - they out right say what brought the person back was missing their family. Not that they realized it was the truth. Etc

Good point. Even by their own words do they admit it! Bullying turds!

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo

My son stopped attending meetings last year, he was never baptized, he is only 15.

we were recently invited to a close friends anniversary party, they sent the invitation, naming all the family individually and pointedly excluded him. Presumably they thought he'd be a bad influence on the other kids, but he was never df'd, da'd, and he is still a minor. It's shocked me how quick this community are to drop their 'cherished' young ones.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I've been out over 20 years and there are still tentacles that they have in me.

I don't always realize it, either. Which is why I am here. I'm always putting together more pieces to the puzzle.

My latest discovery is that my personality has still been split into the personal and public. My private personality has healed. But my public personality has still been in salesman mode. And, I think I've been trying to sell myself as a person rather than just be myself and allowing my authentic personality to draw and repel the appropriate people to / from my life.

Over 20 years and I'm still picking up the pieces from my disfunctional childhood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit